Author Topic: Ramblings on "what will be", "what is" and "what used to be" on t6p.  (Read 21551 times)

Offline rastaz

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ramblings on "what will be", "what is" and "what used to be" on t6p.
« Reply #15 on: July 14 2005, 03:52:34 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:14 pm"
Here is all I know:

So, *I've* never had any reason to believe that there is a silent partner. Furthermore, I apologize if I did anything wrong, but I thought it was worth it to try to keep t6p breathing albeit under new management rather than have the place just mercilessly shut down......can ya blame me? I didn't know it was gonna go all
haywire.

FYI, Travis' wife posted that the site was owned by her, travis, and a silent partner. She must have fucked up because travis deleted that post within about 15 minutes. A few of us saw it... You can be goddamn sure that the majority owner is a vendor and that Travis is simply the "face" of the board. I don't even think his apostles know who is really calling the shots either... The board will used to discuss GSCA race classes as Nick Micale is in charge of the nats this year.  The goal is to bring in all the heavy hitters in the big classes for discussions. Once all the big guns that spend all the big $$$ are on board this fact will be marketed to turbo vendors and they will support the board and the money will start rolling in... already happening...

I could give a fuck about Toilet6Paper.. . I bailed out of there and deleted what posts I could when that little boy Reaper thought he was king shit... From that point I saw it destined to become the next TB.com...

Travis feels you guys ain't good for business there... Didn't he make the second floor to sweep you guys under the rug???

Not trying to be an ass or anything but things aren't what they are made to seem over there... This place reminds me of the way T6P used to be... Why bother with the other place???...
Rob

86 WH1
87 GN
89 TTA

DCEPTCN

« Reply #16 on: July 14 2005, 03:59:22 PM »
Quote from: "rastaz @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:52 pm"
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:14 pm"
... I bailed out of there and deleted what posts I could when that little boy Reaper thought he was king shit... From that point I saw it destined to become the next TB.com...

I apologize, I hadn't seen Travis' wifes' post about the partner.

.....and I don't wanna shit on someone who's not here to defend himself, but Reaper has been an issue with me at times as well.

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Buickless and Loving It!!!
    • View Profile
Ramblings on "what will be", "what is" and "what used to be" on t6p.
« Reply #17 on: July 14 2005, 04:27:55 PM »
well I can sum it up for you Sylvan.  Travis's buddy Bruce Toelle has done alot to damage the buick community. I for one tried to work with Travis when he took over T6P.  I explain my point of view and I was assured that he was going to do the bidding of the membership. Well I was lied to just like many others.  Travis has proved to me that he is going to do the same as his buddy Bruce.  If you post a problem you are having with a paying vendor you will be reprimanded.  Your threads will disappear.  These are the standard tactics of TB.INC and I see them being practiced on T6P now.  

Now I have the on going issue with them about having my account removed.  I do not wish my log in name and info to be used as a way to show more members than they actually have.  Travis is not doing this for the good of the community ....its a business.  There are several boards around that are not run as a business and those are growing even faster now that T6P is a nothing more than a new and improved TB.Inc.  Neither of those boards give a rats ass about you or me ...its all about the Benjamins.

If you don't believe me about how the boards protect bad vendors ....do a search on the Nazi board (tb.com)  for PT-51.

DCEPTCN

« Reply #18 on: July 14 2005, 04:32:21 PM »
Quote from: "straycat990 @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:27 pm"

If you don't believe me about how the boards protect bad vendors ....do a search on the Nazi board (tb.com)

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14 2005, 04:53:22 PM »
reason you can't find anything is that it was all deleted

can't have bad press for a vendor ...especially if it is Precision Turbo and Engine

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14 2005, 04:56:58 PM »
if you do a search on tbs for pt-51  I am sure you will find alot more posts about what a shitty turbo it was when it first came out

DCEPTCN

« Reply #21 on: July 14 2005, 04:59:29 PM »
Hey, c'mon- I've got a PT-51.

Offline rastaz

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14 2005, 05:16:28 PM »
Quote from: "straycat990 @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:53 pm"
reason you can't find anything is that it was all deleted

can't have bad press for a vendor ...especially if it is Precision Turbo and Engine

And that's the reason PTE only advertises on TB.com and PTE employees only post on TB.com and why I will never buy from them... I'm predicting that they will be advertising on another board soon though...
Rob

86 WH1
87 GN
89 TTA

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14 2005, 05:18:20 PM »
http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5046&highlight=PTE-51

Now this is going back to 2002 .... PTE fixed their mess up by 2003 ...but the first group of people to buy them really lost out. Buddy of mine had two blow in the same day ...neither made a full pass at the track before they blew up.  PTE excuse ...piece of gasket material hit the exhaust wheel ... that was plain ol BS

Read that Thread

Offline granitestategn

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14 2005, 06:05:51 PM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:38 pm"
Theres a Bruce that Posts in the library, I believe HE's the real GOD! Most of the time I cant understand what he's talking about but if anyone spends that much time teaching themselves about TR's than I'm a BIG fan

Interesting thread guys. I'll be watching this one. Anyway.... Robert, the Bruce you're thinking about lives in OH. Bruce Toelle runs PTS Transmissions in CA.
87 GN, 97K, original owner, stock turbo, stock IC, 60# inj, Turbotweak 93 chip, some other odds & ends

12.98 @ 104

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
« Reply #25 on: July 14 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:14 am"

I sincerely hate all this drama and secretive bullshit on these boards. I come here to hang out with you guys and talk a little shit to pass the day while maybe getting some advice on how to fix whatever's broke on my car that particular day......why does there need to be so much fucking fighting? Damn- I don't care WHO approaches me in Vegas, I'm buying them a goddamned beer.

No one is going to look down on your opinion and you know that damn well. I'll give you props for being optimistic, as I am quite the skeptic about everything just out of spite.

I'll be sure to keep approaching you by the way.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

DCEPTCN

« Reply #26 on: July 14 2005, 06:41:26 PM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:32 pm"
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:14 am"

I'll be sure to keep approaching you by the way.

I wouldn't have it any other way, you fucking lush. :supz:

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
Previously posted by "Rastaz":
"FYI, Travis' wife posted that the site was owned by her, travis, and a silent partner."
----------------------------------------------------------------
I also saw & read that same notation regarding ownership.
I think that it was up for a few hours, but it wasn't up very long as I looked for it later in the night and the next morning. Fckng gonzo.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Previously posted by "Straycat990":
"Now I have the on going issue with them about having my account removed.  I do not wish my log in name and info to be used as a way to show more members than they actually have.  Travis is not doing this for the good of the community ....its a business.  There are several boards around that are not run as a business and those are growing even faster now that T6P is a nothing more than a new and improved TB.Inc.  Neither of those boards give a rats ass about you or me ...its all about the Benjamins."
Let me know how you come out on getting your account removed so they can't use your name or the slot that your name fills.
I might be very interested in pursuing the same course of action.

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
« Reply #28 on: July 14 2005, 07:25:59 PM »
Quote from: "granitestategn @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:05 pm"
Quote from: "Be4u @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:38 pm"
Theres a Bruce that Posts in the library, I believe HE's the real GOD! Most of the time I cant understand what he's talking about but if anyone spends that much time teaching themselves about TR's than I'm a BIG fan

Interesting thread guys. I'll be watching this one. Anyway.... Robert, the Bruce you're thinking about lives in OH. Bruce Toelle runs PTS Transmissions in CA.
The Bruce in the Library is Bruce Plecan from Ohio as you say. Very smart dude with a dry, if not odd, sense of humor. He cracks me up.  :D
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14 2005, 07:29:59 PM »
Where's that fckng Phil at to do a cute curtsy, drop his hankie coyishly, and say in a high pitched voice:
"Oh, I feel so used."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal