Author Topic: Ramblings on "what will be", "what is" and "what used to be" on t6p.  (Read 21268 times)

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
OK, wheres everybody at, I gotta go to work.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Thanks Gary. Although I too love the Shoutbox - some things are a lot easier to follow in a thread format.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Buickless and Loving It!!!
    • View Profile
Ramblings on "what will be", "what is" and "what used to be" on t6p.
« Reply #2 on: July 14 2005, 09:27:49 AM »
Gary, this is how I see things as of now. T6P will and is becoming the defacto board for the GSCA and whatever the name of the group that is now in charge of the events.  I am truly curious about all the Mods, Tech Advisors, and general pricks that are in control over there now. I have the sneaky suspecion that if someone was to do some investigating that they would find that most of the never heard fo before guys in charge over there are big wigs of the GSCA.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
My feelings? I assume it's Travis' message board now, and he can do whatever he wants with it. The recent problems have less to do with the deletion of the SOT forum than the manner in which it was handled. And that Snorman character really needs to learn how to be professional, and act like a mod.

Other than that, I of course wish them luck, but I doubt I'll be frequenting the site. Pnce they started deleting threads - I lost interest.
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
« Reply #4 on: July 14 2005, 10:02:19 AM »
Check this out! It's about time someone did this poll. http://www.ronscustomauto.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14 2005, 10:03:48 AM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:02 am"
Check this out! It's about time someone did this poll. http://www.ronscustomauto.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8

Goddamn language filter @ work!!  :mad:  :mad:

Guess that means I should be WORKING!
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14 2005, 10:08:34 AM »
Natty I was there last night ...Bruce aka God jr. :lol:  was leading in the poll

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14 2005, 10:13:47 AM »
well Brucy has slipped in the poll now :o

who is the "silent owner" of T6P
Nick Micale    
  40%  [ 2 ]
Bruce Toelle    
  40%  [ 2 ]
Rich Rezes    
  0%  [ 0 ]
Otto    
  0%  [ 0 ]
Jay Carter    
  0%  [ 0 ]
Jack Cotton    
  0%  [ 0 ]
Ron Joseph    
  20%  [ 1 ]
Zap    
  0%  [ 0 ]
Jesus    
  0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
I am starting to wonder that Bill Anderson's name should have been included in the slot as "Hidden/silent owner" Somebody asked on one of the threads about the designation on the shirts and logos, "World's fastest Buick Grand national" and they acknowledges that it referred to "Bill Anderson, with his acknowledgemen t and permission. So all of you people that bought t-shirts, it would have just been easier to cut out the middle-man, in this case, T6P, and paint the name Bill Anderson on your shirts, and just send the money directly to Bill Anderson. I would not want this construed as me not liking Bill Anderson, I have never met him, but from all that I have heard, he is a great person, and a real asset to the community. I just would have done the shirts with "World's fastest Turbo Buicks & TTA'S" or something similiar to sell to as large as a segment as possible to recoup my money as quick as possible, and have a bigger audience.

Offline Turbo Archie

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
Can someone clear something up for me?

How many bruces are there?
I thought one of them bought TB.com?
One owns a company of some sort?
  Or are they all the same person? Where did he come from?? What buick background?

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14 2005, 12:21:18 PM »
Bruce Toelle    owner of TurboBuick.INC and Performance Transmission Services.  Here is his website http://www.ptsnctb.com/

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Re: Ramblings on "what will be", "what is" and "what used to be" on t6p.
« Reply #11 on: July 14 2005, 02:22:13 PM »
FWIW & IMHO:
I believe that there might be another "Bruce" on TB.com by the name of Bruce with the insignia "Icontain recycled parts" with about 7K credits to his name but that is an entirely different Bruce than GodJR.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #12 on: July 14 2005, 02:38:16 PM »
Theres a Bruce that Posts in the library, I believe HE's the real GOD! Most of the time I cant understand what he's talking about but if anyone spends that much time teaching themselves about TR's than I'm a BIG fan
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Turbo Archie

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14 2005, 02:56:41 PM »
Quote from: "straycat990 @ Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:21 am"
Bruce Toelle

DCEPTCN

« Reply #14 on: July 14 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
Here is all I know:

I had been in contact with Travis because he had gotten Nelson Febus (GNflyby) to use some of my music in his BG Nats DVD. I was really stoked about that. During our PMs, Travis told me to keep quiet about it, but he was planning on launching his own site....presum ably from scratch.

A few days later, JayC PMs me and asks if I could donate some music for a 'project' he was working on. I, of course, asked what the project was and he told me not to tell anybody, but he was going to be shutting t6p down shortly and wanted some music for a screensaver that he was making just as a sort of 'last hurrah' for t6p.

Being upset at the thought of losing t6p and just wanting to keep the site alive, I PMd Travis and told him of the opportunity and inquired as to whether or not he would consider buying a 'plug and play' site, thereby keeping my beloved t6p alive. He got back to me later that afternoon and told me it was a done deal.

He said he was going to make me a mod over there because he knew I thought it would be fun......but it's not fun to have people angry at the direction of the board and (maybe) thinking that you're part of the renovations... ...so, I removed 'forum advisor' from beneath my username and slowly backed away from the the whole mod thing. (It was really more for show than anything- I didn't actually do any modding)

You'll notice that in regard to this whole SOT issue, I've just stayed the fuck out of that argument. Shit, I don't want to end up on the bad side of my boys here by appearing to take sides on that issue. Truthfully, Travis had asked me what I thought (when he first bought the site) about SOT. I told him I didn't frequent the place so I really wouldn't miss it....He mentioned it scaring off advertisers and I admittedly told him that I understood where he was coming from and all. I did not know that there would be a public vote- the results of which would be ignored and then SOT scrapped. I can't remember who it was that said that he should have shut the site down for a day, made his changes and then opened up shop under new management.... .not slowly change things and piss a boatload of people off every day in the process.

So, *I've* never had any reason to believe that there is a silent partner. Furthermore, I apologize if I did anything wrong, but I thought it was worth it to try to keep t6p breathing albeit under new management rather than have the place just mercilessly shut down......can ya blame me? I didn't know it was gonna go all
haywire.

I sincerely hate all this drama and secretive bullshit on these boards. I come here to hang out with you guys and talk a little shit to pass the day while maybe getting some advice on how to fix whatever's broke on my car that particular day......why does there need to be so much fucking fighting? Damn- I don't care WHO approaches me in Vegas, I'm buying them a goddamned beer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal