Author Topic: Neighbors...  (Read 3326 times)

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Neighbors...
« on: March 18 2020, 10:46:09 AM »
Anyone else have the president of the universe live next to them? Yesterday afternoon I went for a much needed walk. Stress and pain wise I was nearly at my limit so I needed some fresh air and some time to try to relax some.

On my way back home I walked by my best friend Dick's house. He was out picking up sticks in his yard with his elderly wife, how nice. As I get closer I can see him walking toward me and his wife is pointing at me and talking to him.

Let me step back and say I live in what would be considered an upper-middle class neighborhood and some people think they have golf course quality lawns. It's normal for a handful of them to put temporary fence posts along the edge of the road to give the snow plows a visual aid. No big deal right. Well for whatever reason Dick decided this year he is going to use traffic cones, but instead of setting them at the edge of his yard he puts them in the road at the edge. Not to mention we are already dealing with narrow road to begin with. So for the last 6 months we all been dodging all of his cones.

So Dick meets me in the middle of the road accusing me of moving his cones, just being a belligerent old ass. At this point I know things aren't going to go well - I have PTSD it's really hard for me to bite my tongue. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about, and he started in on some more bullshit so I walked away, and at one point I told him it was just grass and to get over it.

Okay so yeah I'm an asshole, I moved 2 of his cones from in the road to the edge his yard one time- and It felt damn good. But I did it a week ago!

Mind you there is a history here. A few months after we moved, I was injured and in the hospital. Dick called my Dad and told him that my lawn wasn't being mowed right and I need to fire the dip shits doing it. At the time my Dad was mowing it!

He's came into my yard and told me I didn't know how to train my dog because they bark at him. Shetland sheepdogs are herding dogs and they bark.

He took it upon himself to have his paid workers trim the shrubs on my fence line, and after I asked his worker to stop, he came over raising hell. The next day he was trimming my shrubs again, and they killed quite a few shrubs in the process.

Dick has also mowed strips out of other neighbors lawns when he thinks they need to be mowed.

He is a dick - his mother got one thing right.
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Neighbors...
« Reply #1 on: March 18 2020, 10:57:40 AM »
I have a neighbour...an d he's an asshole. Rest of my neighbours are great. I mean, they put up with me with the air compressor/tools/loud vehicles all the time. I retired on December 18th...so I have time on my hands. When the snow plow came around I blew out the bottom of my neighbours driveways with my overkill snowblower...e xcept the assholes driveway. He came out and asked why I didn't clear the bottom of HIS driveway. I smiled and said, cuz you're an asshole. 
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18 2020, 04:25:16 PM »
I'd have just run the cone(s) over. And him too if he was out in the road acting like that. And you don't get to trim my foliage or I'll turn the dogs out on ya.

Sounds like the guy would get a throat punch next time he got in my face.

Good on you for being able to walk away.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21 2020, 12:15:18 AM »
Sounds like criminal tresspass to me.
And if you could figure out how to make the shub damage more than $500, it'd be a felony in Georgia.

.....and if it were me, I'd steal his cones in the middle of the night.   He'd have to buy them in bulk before I was done with them.

'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21 2020, 09:41:47 AM »
And this morning all of the cones are gone - imagine that.
IhaveaV8

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21 2020, 10:53:17 AM »
How long before his soil is permanently compromised?

...possibly in a short single word message/insult
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22 2020, 09:19:14 AM »
It's victory enough to see the damn cones gone. 

Something like I'd piss on his grave but the line would be too long...
IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 22 2020, 11:54:37 AM »
The cops will probably find them hidden in your garage after he calls them and reports seeing you carry them away during the night when he was up for a bathroom break. Some of us old farts are very tricky LOL

BTW, he has the right to trim any shrubbery that protrudes across the property line as I am sure you know, but if he crosses over to your side, you should have filed charges on him.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
Shrubs are inside the property line 10ft. I could have, should have - but I didn't. In the end, it was easier to not deal with it, I had enough on my plate as it was. Calling the cops would have just made living next to him worse. I just mind my business and avoid him as much as possible. All the law enforcement knows him all too well and they would rather not deal with him if they don't have too. 
IhaveaV8

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22 2020, 02:17:24 PM »
I found out the scoop on the cones today.
A 3rd party decided it would be funny to run them over and got all of them. 
IhaveaV8

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22 2020, 04:02:40 PM »
There is a guy up here in SW Ontario that is an expert in dealing with problem neighbors. I wonder if he would chime in with a few pointers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal