Author Topic: Back from Jamica  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Ttype83

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Back from Jamica
« on: June 07 2006, 03:20:52 PM »
Got a call from work at 2am monday..asked if I could go to Jamica to work a possible flight. Sure when would I leave..8:40am...called me back at 2:30, 2:45..3...crap can't get sleep. I get up pack a overnight bag, look up info for want I'm going to be doing...crap still 2 hours before needing to leave..Get all checked in and find the my whole crew is flying with me..great...Ge t there at 1030am and have to a hour for a taxi to the hotel. Get to the hotel at 12:00and rooms are not ready (Soon Mon) you heard that a lot..min 1 hour wait...
I get the last flight attendent into a room at 3pm....now I have to reset the separture time because the crew needs 10 hours of rest. Hotel has 7 diffrent buildings...Wr ite one note and asked the desk for 13 copies...shoul d have counted..after getting lost I find that I'm short four notes  go back to my room an write them out and finish (Did I say that it's RAINING the hole time)..Call Air Jamica and make sure they have the new times and that My Mech and I would be out for the arrival..now it's 6pm..need food..Jerk Chicken ROCKS  Take a shower and get ready for work...try to nap..ya right..bloody crew calls me...but I can't call them  8pm time to get a cab....Soon Mon....9pm cab shows up..work untill 5am....Did I say that it's raining....sle ep for 5 hours get up..hang out by the pool for 4 hours..still raining...I did get up graded to First class there and back  Went into work this morning and told them I'm not going back..well here's a couple of pics

Jim Seaton 83 T type
CarbedHotAir Slug
2 1/2\" mandrel bent dual exh wo/cat & Dynomax race bullet mufflers, MSD coil, MSD BTM,K&N filter, K hanger, CS secondaries, Comp cam 260H, BRF Trans, ET 14.8 @ 92mph 14 psi boost
Comp Cams will never get another dime of my money
USAF (retired w/22yrs)
86 T-type Stock IC & Turbo, Razor Alky, 50lb inj, Hotwire & fuel pump, tt chip

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Back from Jamica
« Reply #1 on: June 07 2006, 03:24:42 PM »
Don't wanna go back huh?  I take it you are not a glutton for punishment!!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Ttype83

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Back from Jamica
« Reply #2 on: June 07 2006, 03:27:32 PM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:24 pm"
Don't wanna go back huh?
Jim Seaton 83 T type
CarbedHotAir Slug
2 1/2\" mandrel bent dual exh wo/cat & Dynomax race bullet mufflers, MSD coil, MSD BTM,K&N filter, K hanger, CS secondaries, Comp cam 260H, BRF Trans, ET 14.8 @ 92mph 14 psi boost
USAF (retired w/22yrs)

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Back from Jamica
« Reply #3 on: June 08 2006, 12:17:25 AM »
I bet you're glad that you didn't forget your camera there. Then
you'd have to go back. I couldn't picture you with dreads either. :rofl;
Rob

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Back from Jamica
« Reply #4 on: June 08 2006, 01:43:38 AM »
Mmmm... I heard they have tasting tables of rum in the liquor stores....
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Turbogn86

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Back from Jamica
« Reply #5 on: June 08 2006, 02:37:40 AM »
what do u do for a living?
86 GN-sold
87 WE4 (Daily Driver)

Offline Ttype83

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Back from Jamica
« Reply #6 on: June 08 2006, 05:25:41 AM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:43 am"
Mmmm... I heard they have tasting tables of rum in the liquor stores....

Yes they DO...

No RR I didn't forget the camera...wife would KILL ME..

Jeremy..hmmm
 It's can of hard to describe..I do the weight and balance of the aircraft (freighters & passenger) Make sure catering is load (and enough or I go buy food) cleaning of plane, paperwork needed for flight, loaded right and all locks are in place. I control the crew while they are on the ground thru the Captain and senior flight attendent, transport, hotel setup for crew. I work with the customer (who ever we are flying for) with departure times, arrivel times, equipment needed, loading of passengers and special needs. I check and ensure there is Security of plane, check-in and airport. We don't fly any scheduled service of our own, we fly for US and foreign Military (for UN or US forces) Air Canada, Eva Air, UPS, State Farm, Sports teams, etc..If a schedule service airline has a broken plane we are one of the companys to call, we fly from china to kuwait...but our customers pay for the fuel used.
Here is a link for my job: http://www.woa.com/career/20050623_o...undopsrep.html

Work called me last night and asked for me to go back...told them only if I choose the other rep to go with me..first one said NO..she has a tanning appointment tomorrow...Aaa she doesn't need a tan  :rofl;
Jim Seaton 83 T type
CarbedHotAir Slug
USAF (retired w/22yrs)

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
Back from Jamica
« Reply #7 on: June 08 2006, 10:32:40 PM »
Lucky man Jim. Lucky man. If you get a chance, buy a pineapple...no thing like fresh pineaple :D
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Back from Jamica
« Reply #8 on: June 09 2006, 01:10:59 AM »
You have to be careful on what you drink there, if
your company has a mandatory drug testing policy.
Many of the liquors contain stuff like opium.
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
Back from Jamica
« Reply #9 on: June 09 2006, 04:13:11 AM »
I told Jim to get a newspaper to bring home. Show it to the wife and tell her that they should buy a bunch of washers to sell in Jamaica.

I tricked myself. When I saw the adds for a washer it said something like $35000. For a second I thought holy shit!!! Then I came to my sences and realized that thats 35K jamaican $'s...LoL.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal