Author Topic: Isle Of Man TT-The Greatest Show On Earth!  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Isle Of Man TT-The Greatest Show On Earth!
« on: July 24 2017, 05:58:14 PM »
I've been riding bikes since I was 5 and have raced motocross, enduro and taken the FAST school of racing. I had a new 99 750 Katana I mastered...and foolishly thot I could do the same with my R1. Man...was I wrong. These 1 litre bikes have brutal HP. I do 'speed' runs on the Apple Route out here...but I can only dream of having the skill set these gentlemen have. Check the telemetry and the gent catching up and passing the chopper near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0

Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Isle Of Man TT-The Greatest Show On Earth!
« Reply #1 on: July 24 2017, 07:01:22 PM »
Those guys got some Big Ones for sure!  :icon_eyes:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 24 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
Insanity is a plus
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24 2017, 10:00:35 PM »
What they have is no fear of death
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25 2017, 12:37:22 PM »
Actually they do.  Their fear just happens to coincide with the bike being close to 100 percent.

It's almost impossible to explain to someone that's never raced just how 'boring' roadracing is. That's no 'adrenaline fueled', or 'extreme', or 'big brass balls' involved.

It's mainly memorizing shift points, turn in points, apex points, exit points, then a short drag race just to do it all again.  On one of my last races I spend the first half running points standings in my head based on my potential finish spot. Once I realized that second was just as good as a win and I could finish as far back as third with no problem I was ready to hang up my leathers. I was basically balancing my checkbook out there.    And I finished second and should have won. :D

And you're right, Scoob, the R1 is one of the worst streetbikes I've ever ridden on the street.  The R6 is a million times better on the road.  I remember the first year of the R1 I thought to myself ''Self, this damn thing only has a smidge more room that my TZ250 GP bike".
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal