Author Topic: OLD Windows 2000 test  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
OLD Windows 2000 test
« on: May 14 2017, 01:09:29 PM »
I use this old laptop for Power Logger & this Board is the Only other thing it works on! I have Zero Internet otherwise. Actually I just realized today that I can get here from the only shortcut I have that works? I guess that's a sign telling me where I need to be!  :rock:   

Anyways, the PL is an older version but works fine for me & I'm Happy with it. I want to try to upload an old PL File to see ifit works? After this I'll start another thread about my new laptop & issues getting PL to work. Anyways let's see if this works? It's from BPG about 5-6 years ago. Don't think that worked? Let me know if you can open it? I haven't done this for years & don't remember how I used to do it?
« Last Edit: May 14 2017, 01:20:50 PM by Just a Six? »
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
Re: OLD Windows 2000 test
« Reply #1 on: May 14 2017, 01:17:30 PM »
? This way with "zip" file?
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14 2017, 04:53:13 PM »
I used the dat file...works fine on mine.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14 2017, 05:32:55 PM »
Thanks Brad now I know I can post stuff & not worry about setting up my daily laptop.  :cheers:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14 2017, 06:17:27 PM »
I use an old IBM Thinkpad with XP on it for the GN. Bobs program is the only thing on it. Battery hangs in for about 75 minutes. Fire my generator up at the track if it burns down. My buddy Steve with the turbo'd Hayabusa is usually with us with his toy hauler 5th wheel. He has the generator going in it non stop. I can just step inside and plug my laptop in if it gets low...and also to power the fridge to keep our beer cold.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14 2017, 07:40:28 PM »
That's the same as mine with the Old Windows on it. I can't get it to connect to anything on the internet except the one desktop shortcut for this place. One day I'll connect the PL to my new Dell with Windows 10 from the Turbo Tweak forums. I thought I had it but I'm not there yet because it takes me 10x as long as anyone with a teenager at home!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14 2017, 08:04:11 PM »
Just download the latest version of PL to your laptop with windows 10...or whatever you have. It should work. You can get it from Erics site. You'll find the file in downloads in Windows 10. Just click on it and it'll fire PL up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal