Author Topic: powerlogging!  (Read 15370 times)

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: powerlogging!
« Reply #45 on: August 04 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
This is what I do. I have the GAUGE panel up. Just before I get waved in I hit MONITOR. If PL is working correctly you'll see the gauges moving. When I get waved in then I hit RECORD. When I finish the run I stop on the return road and save the run. I overwrite it and type in the date and run number.

Actually you can set it up to trigger at TPS volts.  Mine is set to 3.5 Volts and record for 10 seconds minimum.
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline aminga

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04 2016, 01:31:01 PM »
A couple of things to remember here.

Boost is only 17 PSI you almost don't need alky (especially with 94 octane)

It's real knock, not something loose.  Since it's wicked fat it may be rich knock.  I might back the alky down a little. At 18 PSI if you back the timing down you don't need much alky at all

If you notice it happens right as you mat the gas.

Airflow seems low for 10PSI but the MAF looks responsive.

Seems like it's struggling to get RPM too, also a sign of it being rich.
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #47 on: August 21 2016, 11:58:39 AM »
So been doing some mucking about. Ran the ground from my wide band to the computer case smartened that up the readings on the gauge and the PL pretty much mirror each other. Load tested the alternator it appears fine. While testing my buddy said the power might be my problem. Talked to my other buddy next door the marine electrician "no problem I'll set you up"   

2 gauge lol over engineering at its best!
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
Nothin' better than overkill! Lol! I swapped out both neg and pos battery cables from John at Caspers. I figured they'd have a shitload of resistance built up in them from 87.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #49 on: August 21 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
My stock cable on the GN developed a hot spot in it about a foot from the battery...and a big voltage drop as a result...I did not cut the cable open to see if there was a connection at that point...should have.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22 2016, 07:21:08 AM »
I cut open the negative cable. It was awful brittle. Keeping the electronics in these cars fresh pays dividends.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal