Author Topic: EarlBrown and Scot W discuss the weather, and general vendor niceties.  (Read 14205 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: EarlBrown and Scot W discuss the weather, and general vendor niceties.
« Reply #30 on: August 10 2013, 06:10:09 PM »
Scott, Thanks a million for running the "collection" for Clay.  Glad that someone was willing to manage the pot and orchestrate the search for a replacement!  That was very kind of you.  Hope I sent mine to the right spot :)
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Jeff

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
  • The Thread Killer....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10 2013, 07:17:12 PM »
Im.just curious if as a vendor you have to "inform" the powers that be, did you tell.jay or shane about the guy selling runs of intercooler.pi pes? Probaly not bc youre not selling them.yet. :icon_smile:

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
Scott, Thanks a million for running the "collection" for Clay.  Glad that someone was willing to manage the pot and orchestrate the search for a replacement!  That was very kind of you.  Hope I sent mine to the right spot :)

ditto!    -edit-stupid kindle, let me quote, didn't let me comment--
« Last Edit: August 11 2013, 10:48:40 PM by daveismissing »
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline scot w.

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11 2013, 12:37:53 AM »
Steve it came to the right place and we thank you for your donation.  :023:
« Last Edit: August 11 2013, 12:45:52 AM by scot w. »

Offline scot w.

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11 2013, 12:45:13 AM »
Im.just curious if as a vendor you have to "inform" the powers that be, did you tell.jay or shane about the guy selling runs of intercooler.pi pes? Probaly not bc youre not selling them.yet. :icon_smile:
Look it's not like im like Charlie who lives on that board following everything possible, I think since I joined in 2005 I might have mentioned only 2 people to Jay and Earl is one of them... To answer your question..Nope because I can not take 100% out of my day to police a board FOR the powers that be. Like I said before Shane has mentioned to me that IF we happen to run across someone manufacturing parts or products that is not a vendor to let him know... I helped and that was it... If Shane or Jay had any arrangements with that person it is entirely up to them to do what they want with that thread..

Earl now has his thread back up just so everyone knows! Earl mentioned to Shane & Jay that he is just selling of "Extras" and that is the Only reason I was told that it's back up....

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11 2013, 12:59:36 AM »
Um...I don't "live" on the board Scott. My puter stays on and I'm always logged in, just like Jay is. While it may appear that I'm on there 24/7 I'm actually doing other things and since I don't believe in web cameras you just don't wee everything I do. This week I've been polishing some 5.56 brass, a 5 gallon bucket and 7 30 cal cans full of it. Once it's all polished I've got to size and decap, the swage the primer pockets before I load it and sell some. :tongue  My motor mounts were also finished this week so I can set the engine and tranny in place and get the angles right. :icon_fU:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11 2013, 02:20:19 AM »
I simply ran across your name calling BS and "That's what started it".... Until then there was absolutely no problem... I am not the kind of person who is going to sit back and let someone call me names and belittle my business without recourse.... Still looking forward to meeting you in person Earl...

Not true at all. There was a problem when your predatory tactics drug me into defending myself against you hiding behind moderators.  I didn't belittle your business at all. That insult was purely personal with no mention of whatever your website is (I honestly never remember the URL).   The recourse was me standing up for myself.

Dude, seriously...      What is your deal?     I'm privy to knowledge that you don't know I have. You're posting indicates that you're assUming I only know what's posted.  That's not true at all.

You getting my thread deleted was a mistake that slipped through the cracks. 
 Your first story here was that Shane forces you to police the board...  Your second story here was that you would have "let it slide if you know I was raising money for pistons"....

...the third story you posted here was that someone else was building bolt kits that you plan on selling for profit. (third time is a charm I guess).

I unknowingly beat you to the market and you flexed your 'paying vendor' muscles so that you could stifle the market until you got your ducks in a row.  I have no respect for those tactics. All that does is slow down progress in our already slow niche market.

You weren't interested in being first; you weren't interested in building a better mousetrap; you chose to stifle the market until someone else could do what I did two years ago. And try and hide behind a cloak of anonymity while doing it.   

I haven no idea how many other times you tried this, but in this instance it didn't work. 

On the upside for the Buick community, I've absorbed a lot of energy while the facts were coming out and the Buick community is going to benefit from this energy soon.

...as I proofread this post I realized that I spent the evening in a field with click-click chairs, a BANGIN' 21 year old, a case of beers and the Perseid meteor shower.

Man it's nice to have a life.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #37 on: August 11 2013, 09:10:06 AM »
Mark, time to shut this thread down...it's going nowhere
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scott87

• Bone Stock
  • Boost Tube
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12 2013, 08:33:50 AM »
On a side note I see the bolt for sale thread is restored. ..

Atleast it was this morning when I checked with tapatalk. . 8)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12 2013, 08:50:45 AM »
Mark, time to shut this thread down...it's going nowhere

I thought they would get the hint.

Earl/Scot
Rehash this shit via email, PM, phone, the squared circle - I don't care.

Is that clear enough?
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline tb3

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12 2013, 09:05:25 AM »
well ya Did give them their own thread and told them to discuss it out.....
jus'sayin  :icon_eyes:
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
Sure - its been discussed. But it gets to a point where a thread is just the same shit repeated over and over...
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal