Author Topic: Richard Clark's  (Read 15601 times)

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Clark's
« Reply #30 on: May 07 2016, 01:12:44 AM »
It's 1 AM PA time and I'm exhausted. We left the track in North Carolina at 4:00. Once again, we sat in the rain and didn't even get a pass. Marley was disappointed and so was I. The only negative though was driving with a car in a trailer for 16 hours when we could have just brought my 02 Regal for alot less money and drove in more comfortably.
That being said, I had an awesome time. I would say all the key Buick people were there, but I didn't see Steve Wood!!!! Anyway, met and spent time with Bob Bailey, Richard Clark, Bobby Allison, XRay, John Spina, Mike Bernard,  Dave (Daveismissing) our MAGNA bunch and so many other people I can't recall.
I'm going to try over the weekend to get pictures together, Dave took a ton also and I hope he posts them up.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07 2016, 01:30:04 AM »
Thanks Charlie. Like David said, I know you put a lot of effort into it. I wished you and Ray could have been there, it was an awesome experience. As you and I discussed, it will save for our MAGNA meeting at Carlisle GM Nationals. Thank you again.
You have no idea how I would love to have all of us together at least 1 more time Gary. I consider you, Greg, Ray, and Jason all my brothers and hope we can all get together soon. :cheers: HOOAH!!
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07 2016, 10:21:49 AM »
Thursday at breakfast Dave asked me to listen to his car and see if I could figure why it sounded bad. I'm thinking, Cal Hartline's there, Richard Clark's there, my ego was overflowing. So we take it up the road and after a block or two I tell him to pull off, I have a secret formula, until now haven't shared with any one else. Instantly sounded like the day it rolled off the showroom floor.........

Offline larrym

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Richard Clark's
« Reply #33 on: May 07 2016, 11:57:24 AM »
😟 what a tease.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07 2016, 12:30:51 PM »
That's what's valuable about these events. Critical info shared that otherwise wouldn't be known.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
Up until now, we were just having fun. Now it's serious, He's near Erie PA dead in the water along side the road. I'd get him in my trailer if I have to, but I'm 5 hours away.

Offline larrym

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Richard Clark's
« Reply #36 on: May 07 2016, 05:11:48 PM »
Shitty 😟
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07 2016, 05:35:03 PM »
Yea, we were having a blast all week. It's what happens when we drive @30 year old cars. My 69 442 only let me set once when the starter went out. Dave's car is 200k. Here's what actually happened when we were on our way to Richard's Thursday AM. He and I were glad we were this close to a gas station, we blew it off and had our fun as you can see. May have started the latest issue.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08 2016, 12:49:28 AM »
I think you found bad Santa Gary. :rofl:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08 2016, 09:45:47 AM »
And that's a good thing, we a great time!

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08 2016, 04:16:34 PM »
Talked to Dave, his wife picked him up, the car is safe too.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08 2016, 09:08:12 PM »
I'm glad Dave is ok but  :013:  what a shitty way to end the trip!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09 2016, 07:07:15 AM »
That's for sure, but these Buick's seem to sneak up on you.

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09 2016, 08:49:14 AM »
Maybe the hood latch coming off in my hand during the second fill-up on the way down was a sign....

Will be scooting down midweek with a trailer to bring it home.
Died up just beyond a combined car insurer+CAA tow distance

I want to thank the Buick community for their support, the phone has been steadily ringing.
Guys were willing to drop everything and rescue me, Pyro, Moreboost, Limey Sean and more.
Heck , Gary was calling me to let me know he had to go potty and couldn't take my call for the next few minutes. :)  In this situation I amazingly had multiple solutions offered to me.

Don't ask me about symptoms, pissing rain, tractor trailers vortexes knocking me on my arse,
figuring out how to keep my phone charged so Haygertee could call me to tell me why they haven't found a tow or why there are no rentals avail - pretty much tied me up.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09 2016, 10:56:15 AM »
Shitty deal, but it makes for a story - a good story once time passes and the ache is forgotten.

Keep me posted on Hagerty and how they deal with this - got a few cars under their care.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal