Author Topic: Turbo Tweak GN ECU  (Read 36934 times)

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo Tweak GN ECU
« Reply #75 on: July 19 2018, 09:14:45 AM »
I guess it is a good thing I don't care to have anything new. Seems like making things hard to repair hurts resale value of any new one. Kinda counter productive to get a "right now" score. But then that is how the new wave of business works, this quarter profits, we can worry about next quarter then, and next year or decade isn't even thought about. No wonder stuff doesn't last very long.

If I was farming I sure wouldn't buy something I couldn't work on. Tech marches forward. I'm sure someone will crack the code. If they can dream it up someone else can hack it. https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/12/30/report-self-driving-cars-can-hacked-just-43/
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19 2018, 09:32:08 AM »
Farmers are buying illegal copies of repair manuals and interface software from overseas - the problem is getting parts from the OEM.  It isn't like RockAuto carries Dorman parts for a John Deere tractor.

And then there is how long those parts are available for before the whole thing is rendered obsolete.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19 2018, 11:36:03 AM »
Lots of stuff will come to market if the OEM doesn't support its wares. China, India, Hong Kong, Korea have manufacturing ability way beyond what we think I am sure. Pretty much everything Is produced over there now. Even the raw materials are over there. And sent there from here by the container/ship load. We as a country have taken our economy to selling money instead of actually producing anything substantial. And with the over saturation of lawyers/attorneys taking us back to the times of the robber barons of yestercentury the little guy gets short end of the stick.

To get back on track, how is the fooling with the software going on the Jason end? I would be interested to know what Mr bison has to say about the setup. And anyone else  who has fooled with it.
Rich

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
Now you can stop throwing good money after bad on transmissions: https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/turbo-tweak-ecu-gn-and-what-to-expect.458769/post-3824301

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/microsquirt-can-transmission-controller-4l80e-subharness/

That alone is worth the price of entry.  Junkyard 80E with a shift kit and bingo - no more issues holding torque, handling highway speeds, or having a reliable lock-up converter.  Welcome to the new age, fellas!
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20 2018, 05:17:08 PM »
Now you can stop throwing good money after bad on transmissions: https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/turbo-tweak-ecu-gn-and-what-to-expect.458769/post-3824301

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/microsquirt-can-transmission-controller-4l80e-subharness/

That alone is worth the price of entry.  Junkyard 80E with a shift kit and bingo - no more issues holding torque, handling highway speeds, or having a reliable lock-up converter.  Welcome to the new age, fellas!

If any of you guys need the 4L80E controller and harness, just hit me up. I'm a vendor for both Turbotweak and DIYauto, and can give you guys the "Ihadav8" discount :)

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20 2018, 09:56:59 PM »
I'm going to study up on this diyauto. And as we ALL know I love me a discount. The 4l80e is next on the list after the 4l60e overhaul I have on the bench. Thanks for your contributions. It helps a lot for us little guys.

Thanks.
Rich

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21 2018, 12:12:36 AM »
I'm going to study up on this diyauto. And as we ALL know I love me a discount. The 4l80e is next on the list after the 4l60e overhaul I have on the bench. Thanks for your contributions. It helps a lot for us little guys.

Thanks.

I'm glad to help in any way that I can!

Here is the link to the controller. I believe they are retail of $499, but the "ihadav8 discount" will put that..well.... let's just say you'll be a happy camper :)  Link: https://www.diyautotune.com/product/microsquirt-can-transmission-controller-4l80e-subharness/

I was actually talking to Brad the other day about providing everyone in Canada with special "across the border" pricing. I know they get hit hard with the exchange rate and customs, so I was going to change my entire pricing structure for people over the border so that they can hopefully afford badass parts without getting completely screwed from the exchange rate and fees.

I figure who cares if I don't make all the money possible on something- that is the WRONG reason to become a vendor. I'd rather just make enough to cover my buy-in costs/etc, and sell it to the guys up North for basically what I pay for the stuff, maybe mark it up 5-10%, depending on the product, but this way they can hopefully save hundreds of dollars on parts so that even with the exchange rate being what it is, they are still saving a lot of money.

I don't think it is fair that the guys up North are not privy to the same parts that we are, simply because the country they live in charges incredible taxes and tariffs on the parts, and the exchange rate is awful. That isn't their fault, and their car shouldn't have to suffer for it. If I can give them turbos for a few hundred dollars off, or ECUs for hundreds less, then I will, damnit! No reason their car's performance should suffer just because of their location....

Anyway, sorry for the rant... if you're looking to get that 4L80E controller, or anything from DIYauto/AMPefi (they are the same company) please let me know and I'll hook you up on the cost.

Actually there are probably very few things you would need for your car that I wouldn't be able to hook you up on! hahah! You'd probably be surprised at all the companies I am a vendor for....

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
Tyler, check out Andy whittle's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UMj0PxBbbj_N8S-aD6M-A

Tunerstudio is pretty nice. Download the software, and they have some sample projects you can look at. If you’ve used any other tuning software you’ll be able to find your way around.

Jason, is it doing boost control with the stock solenoid? Planning on using it to control your alky?
I haven't messed with boost control yet. Still doing it with the RJC manual boost controller. I have plans to use the ECU for the alky control but haven't got that far yet

Thank you for posting the link to that Youtube channel!

I'm going to email that guy and see if he would be willing to do online courses if I got a few people to pitch in for a few sessions, and he did like a GotoMyPC kinda deal or something.

I've messed with the tuning software and explored TS and MegalogViewer as well, but until I know wtf I'm actually doing, messing around will only get me so far.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21 2018, 05:57:23 PM »

Tunerstudio is pretty nice. Download the software, and they have some sample projects you can look at. If you’ve used any other tuning software you’ll be able to find your way around.

Jason, is it doing boost control with the stock solenoid? Planning on using it to control your alky?
I haven't messed with boost control yet. Still doing it with the RJC manual boost controller. I have plans to use the ECU for the alky control but haven't got that far yet

I'm going to email that guy and see if he would be willing to do online courses if I got a few people to pitch in for a few sessions, and he did like a GotoMyPC kinda deal or something.

I've messed with the tuning software and explored TS and MegalogViewer as well, but until I know wtf I'm actually doing, messing around will only get me so far.
His voice is a little annoying and sometimes I have to rewind the videos because he goes a little fast but all in all, good stuff.

BTW, super jealous you're going to the holley classes.  I've never played with a MOTEK but I've been told the holley software is very similiar
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21 2018, 07:05:43 PM »

His voice is a little annoying and sometimes I have to rewind the videos because he goes a little fast but all in all, good stuff.

BTW, super jealous you're going to the holley classes.  I've never played with a MOTEK but I've been told the holley software is very similiar

Dude anyone can go to the classes! ....or at least I HOPE SO! I sent in my application to attend on Friday, and I'm waiting for confirmation of my seats. Hopefully I receive an email back on Monday confirming my classes.

The courses are November 3rd-7th, and cover Tier 1 on the 3rd, Tier 2 on the 4th n 5th, and Tier 3 on the 6th and 7th.

Tier 1 course is $150. Tier 2 and 3 are $225/ea. I know it will be a lot to absorb in a short period of time, and with hotels/car rentals/airfare I'll be spending a good $2,000-$2,500 but I firmly believe it will be worth it.

Not only to educate myself on the Holley Dominator I plan on running (shhh! ;) )  but to help kickstart my career as a tuner by learning as much possible and being certified in a specific ECM/software. From there, the goal is to eventually apply my knowledge of the Holley software to the TunerStudio and XFI softwares.

Aside from all that, having certification from Holley that I actually know what I am doing (because I admittedly do NOT know speed density right now) will allow me to garner better labor rates when I tune people's cars (I'd never charge my friends...that is a given) and hopefully add some legitimacy to the status and respect of RPS in the eyes of my peers. Hopefully they will see this as a genuine step forward towards learning "real world" tuning procedures and abilities.

Regardless of what my peers say, I'm stoked to take the courses so that I can learn this software and truly maximize and tune my own setup once I get my Dominator! I am doing this for ME, SCREW what everyone else thinks!! :D

Offline ss/gn

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22 2018, 08:39:48 PM »
Jason thanks for sharing. This is a cool product for sure and looks more user friendly. I am curious to see how much faster the car will be.
It's just a six cylinder, you can't loose
Kevin

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23 2018, 09:16:22 AM »
Jason thanks for sharing. This is a cool product for sure and looks more user friendly. I am curious to see how much faster the car will be.
I really don't feel that the ecu will make the car any faster. The ease of installation and Eric's start up tune was definitely a bonus for knuckleheads like me.  I believe it's the software running the ecu and the ability to manipulate it is what the makes the difference. Being able to analyze the data and make the changes is what makes it fast.  With the mph I've already put down, I'm hoping for mid to low 10 second pass at the current power level.  Maybe turn it up and see where it goes from there...  I don't have a cage in the car, so that's a factor as well
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25 2018, 09:42:47 PM »
Got a message from Eric saying he has a fix for connection settings using the usb cable in lieu of the wifi.  Mine connected both ways but ok.  Also, something about the cooling fan coming on with the the a/c going.  Wanted me to send the box back if I had time, said it would only take a day.  I said ok and pulled the box out.  Should be there Friday and then back by Monday-Tuesday.  Fine with me.  I have to go back to St Louis tomorrow for corporate bs and won't be back till Sunday anyway 

And this is why I paid what I paid for his product.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile