Author Topic: General rant  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
General rant
« on: September 09 2022, 12:50:17 PM »
If your on this board you probably work on your stuff and can relate. Literally everything I have done with this car has been a real pain in the ass. And we have done ALOT. Latest thing, now that it is driving pretty well, we wanted the stereo installed. got some speakers and a factory concert sound unit. Power antena was shot so did a cable rebuild and discovered that the motor would only move it up but not back down, pulled it again to put in a new unit. Anyone that has replaced this knows how much fun it is to get to, so repeating that process was big grins. Get that working and discover the signal cable has a short in the connector, cut that out and spliced it back together. That problem solved, so now we find the factory wire to the drivers door speaker has a short so run new wire for that. Finally think were in business and now randomly, any radio frequency above about 100 and it will cut out and squeal, and then randomly come back. Its not the antena cable issue cause the lower channels work great.  A simple job that in most cases would have been a few hour install has been a month long ordeal......an d its still not working correctly..... .rant over
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: General rant
« Reply #1 on: September 09 2022, 01:09:31 PM »
I know the feeling all too well  :013:
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline xracerx13

• NOT
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • First Methanol Kits
    • View Profile
    • Joe Tripodi's 1987 Buick Regal Limited T
« Reply #2 on: September 09 2022, 02:32:35 PM »
sounds to me like the radio has issues. If so then you can contact United Radio Electronics repair shop in
East Syracuse, NY · (315) 446-8700. They may even have a rebuilt one in stock and you can either fix yours or use it as a credit. I have used them before and they are outstanding.
Joe Tripodi 87 Limited T
TA49@25psi, Axis w/chip, LS1 MAF, 60lb Inj, Comp 980s, BGC 23r SLIC, Jay Jackson 62mm TB, RJC PowerPlate, Walbro 307, volt boost 15.8V, Type II ign, Race tranny, 2800 stall, 3" THDP, Pypes 3" SS/Dynomax Ultra-Flos, Meth Inj staged 2 nozzle M5/M10, SS Lift bars, MT ET drags.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09 2022, 04:03:37 PM »
I'm going by memory that is shot.  Back around 1990-91 GM offered a radio repair kit called a Grimlet kit (spelling?), It was a bag of jumper wires to bypass the printed circuit solder runs on the board in the radio.  I took my radio the the local auto radio repair shop for the fix.  It fixed the issue your having and also stations dropping out.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12 2022, 11:53:06 AM »
I had a lean condition in my car that had me befuddled. I was ready to torch the car and Steve talked me off the ledge.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal