Author Topic: Fuel Line  (Read 7011 times)

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Line
« Reply #15 on: November 27 2021, 03:32:38 PM »
You need a 10-micron filter for the injectors. Lots of LS swap guys run this style filter -
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LKWZCFA/?coliid=I3OVH2YOT70D5N&colid=2JGHV2806UK58&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It says it's only rated for 50psi but that is at the maxflow rate of 25GPM - which you won't be near.
IhaveaV8

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29 2021, 03:50:14 PM »
The drawback to something like that is its sheer size. I'd want to mount it where the filter hangs down and certainly it would hang below the frame rail. Cool for a track car, not so much for a street car. Maybe they offer a shorter filter that could screw on. Just going by the pony tank we used in the oil field that filter is the size of a pretty big oil filter like the one on my subrban. 51060 I think.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29 2021, 04:53:48 PM »
Rich, have a gander at what Racetronix or Cruz is using for the E85 line kits.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30 2021, 02:02:19 PM »
Good call. I'll peruse their offerings.

Cruz shows a filter but doesn't mention in the description
https://cruzperformance.com/products/cruz-performance-custom-turbo-buick-fuel-lines

This one while for a camaro does specify a 10 micron stainless steel filter as was noted about where I would need a 10 micron for the the Injectors.

Saw another kit with a frame filter similar to the golden rod setup so that golden Ron u it might be the hot ticket for budget and good filtration.

Lots to look at and decide on. I'm pretty sure I'm going with that 1/2" Nicop tube and will get a swaging tool to make the 37* double flare to hook it to an -8an filter or adapter to a filter. But it ain't bought yet. Kinda waiting to see what will go down with the jab for a job mandates. Struck down for now but who knows.
« Last Edit: November 30 2021, 02:23:40 PM by TexasT »
Rich

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30 2021, 06:43:31 PM »
Brandon will prolly try to get it to SCOTUS, so who knows. Would it not be easier just to buy a kit from Racetronix or Cruz.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30 2021, 06:55:07 PM »

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30 2021, 07:04:56 PM »

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15 2022, 02:39:36 PM »
From the motion race works  video on you tube the PTFE line doesn't last. I'm a one and done kinda guy. Even if it costs more. I bought the master cool flaring setup and the dies to do the 37* stuff(not cheap at about $500) so I can do the lines. I ended up coming across a set of ss brake lines on fb so I bought those. The guy was doing a frame off on his we4 but I guess decided against using them.

I think I'm going with this filter. Not cheap at almost $200 but I'm only buying one .  Stainless filter media so I can clean it out. It is big so I hope I won't clog it up between cleanings.
https://deatschwerks.com/products/8-03-160-010k-8
Looking at the data they put out the dw thing works and pumps more at higher pressures. So I'm thinking the dw400 and see what happens.
https://deatschwerks.com/collections/fuel-pumps/products/9-401-1001
Gonna need an ecugn and ss relay so I can slow it down for the cruising and such.
https://www.turbotweaksupport.com/index.php?threads/fuel-pump-speed-control-pwm.3151/

My stuff takes a while. Keeps me out of trouble with big dreams.
Rich

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #23 on: March 15 2022, 06:59:04 PM »
My impression is that the DW stuff is better than most stuff.  Less propaganda and more quality

Sounds like you are off to a good start :)
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16 2022, 10:53:02 AM »
I'm running a dw200 in the og T and it seemed to work well. Not exactly plug n play but also not sitting on the side of the road with a bad pump either.
Work has been crazy. But upside, it makes fundage to keep the dreams going. Slowed a little at the end of last yr but with these ice events we are way behind.
Rich

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16 2022, 01:07:37 PM »
I put a 300 in my son's car several years ago.  It has mostly been sitting the last two years but it still works. 

I am happy to hear you have some back inventory to move.  The ice really screws things up but I am glad you are not out in it.
Steve Wood

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20 2022, 09:15:07 AM »
Fortunately I have vac time and have stacked up some cash so as to be able to tell them "no thanks" when the weather turns. Just not worth bending up my daily. I know you great white northers laugh at us with our little ice spells and such but I'm not going out in it. I'm pretty sure I can drive in it but we all saw my og T and that was good weather. So I just stay home and wait for it to melt.

Been studying up on the ecugn and some Holley stuff. Looking like the ecugn will do what I want. Holley probably would too but I'd rather support turbo tweak. This way I can log and do pressures and temps on stuff. Might even be able to score a used unit but I'm not holding my breath. Will just keep moving forward and see what turns up. Gotta get the block to the machine shop to get it checked out. Seller said it was good but who knows.

Rich

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20 2022, 10:21:30 AM »
Aftermarket ECU is useless. You won't go any faster with it and you'll fucking with it non stop. Any idea how many locals sat on the sidelines fucking with their ECU at the track while I was bringing home the hardware. Grab a 6.1...and with the money you save...you can buy a GOOD convertor that WILL make a difference. I'll let you in on a little secret...but don't tell anyone. There's no magic inside those ECU boxes.

I have zero issues with aftermarket ECU's for guys like Jeremy that know them inside and out. There's a young gun like Jeremy up here that knows them inside and out and has one in his car. I always want guys to have a positive experience with these cars, and then some fucktard know it all talks them into an ECU and they blow the fukn car up and sell it. There was one vendor that was notorious for hawking ECU's to guys that didn't know them and didn't need them.

I recommend 6.1 over 5.7 for racing as you have to monitor temp/humidity on a run to run basis or bad shit will happen with 5.7.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20 2022, 11:56:02 PM »
Rich, I think for running E85, in particular, or spraying alky, etc., I would go with Eric's and Bob's set up if you are interested in learning how to tune with such.  It will run out of the box and is already set up for our cars so you will avoid the usual "it won't start" woes that accompany the usual aftermarket set ups as it is truly plug and play.

I am always interested in learning new tech even if I may be old enuf to have to relearn it every day LOL.  I have been thinking about installing one of the Megasquirt pnp set ups on my Miata just to have something to occupy my mind.

It's not all about racing.  It's also about learning new stuff and pushing the frontiers.
Steve Wood

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21 2022, 01:56:40 PM »
I want to be able to have a fuel sensor in the return line and be able to have the unit pull or add the timing and boost with the alcohol content. Then if I don't find the e85 or just don't want to it will not have a prob. Seems to be very doable from the things I've seen on YouTube. I'm not against a stock ECU. I have one in the og T with the TT chip. This is just a way to move into the next step. We have the hptuners and it is pretty nifty what can be done but that isn't near what these stand alone units are capable of. And these mega squirt and Holley units are somewhat crude compared to a haltech and others from what I've seen.

The ecugn opens up the ignition possibilities and can use truck and other coils.
Lots of failsafe that can be programmed in. Logging capability right out of the box. And as pointed out the basic tune already to go.
At this point I just need to get the hard parts together and get it running and driving. Weather is warming up so we will get on it.
Rich

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal