Author Topic: Update on future build  (Read 41076 times)

Offline xracerx13

• NOT
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • First Methanol Kits
    • View Profile
    • Joe Tripodi's 1987 Buick Regal Limited T
Re: Update on future build
« Reply #105 on: December 23 2021, 01:03:46 PM »
Yeah what Steve said! The following is what I stole off my website and use.

*My Dual Staged Deadhead Methanol Injection Kit using VP fuels M1 methanol, 140psi inline fuel pump, full cone fogger nozzles M5(on at 4psi) and M10(on at 14psi). Hood mounted 2" 150psi pressure gauge for the Alky with stainless pressure sender

*RJC - Stock Plenum Power Plate - BEST MOD MONEY CAN BUY !  It equalizes the amount of air per cylinder and in turn also equalizes Air/Fuel and EGT ratios in each cylinder. Very Important !
Good to hear you already have a power plate installed !

If spraying alky into the upipe was a no-no then why does 99% of the Buick world do it. Because it works that's why.
Sure the Bison Alky plate works but I don't know enough about it to say that it works better than fogger nozzles on the uppipe. What I do know is a plate is a plate and that will raise the height of your plenum and throttle body and could ruin your under hood pad. I also think that his plate does not spray the alky out as a fog, it just squirts.

The key to spraying alky is to FOG it in and along with using a Power plate which ensures that the incoming Air and alky is distributed evenly per cylinder. I can't begin to tell you how the power plate is a God send. You feel the difference after installing the plate, and there's less knock for sure since all the cylinders are getting the same amount of air and Alky/fuel. I say fuel also because I still run a 7th injector and that was purchased at the time in 1998 or so to make sure the 5 & 6 cylinder were not leaning out. Yes, I am still running the stock but port matched turbo at 23psi and 22 degrees timing all the time every gear on the street.

With all that said I too thought of switching to E85 but have decided I don't need it. Heck I can always drain the tank from the fuel rail and put in some VP C-16 anytime and turn up the timing. No need to replace injectors, chip, fuel pumps or return lines or any of that stuff to accommodate the e85.

If you stick to gas only you don't need upgraded lines unless your building a monster that needs a huge pump.. I would think that 60-80lb injectors and a Walbro 340 pump using a volt booster is doable on a gas only car. I have been using a Walbro 307 shimmed and it is the same as a 340.

I'm gonna finally replace the stock turbo with a TA-49 that's being rebuilt as we speak and go to 60lb injectors. Yes they are overkill for a TA-49 and the sad part is that I will finally after 20 years or more might have to replace the Maxeffort chip with a TT 5.7 unless Eric will re-calibrate it for me of which I already sent him the ROM file.

Alky is your friend but only use VP Fuels M1 Methanol with it. No bullshit mixes.  :rock:

What turbo do you run or are you gonna run Phil?

There's so little to see and so much time. Wait reverse that. Willie Wonka
Joe Tripodi 87 Limited T
TA49@25psi, Axis w/chip, LS1 MAF, 60lb Inj, Comp 980s, BGC 23r SLIC, Jay Jackson 62mm TB, RJC PowerPlate, Walbro 307, volt boost 15.8V, Type II ign, Race tranny, 2800 stall, 3" THDP, Pypes 3" SS/Dynomax Ultra-Flos, Meth Inj staged 2 nozzle M5/M10, SS Lift bars, MT ET drags.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 23 2021, 01:51:37 PM »
Lol! Thanks for the confirmation. I have a 6262 on there right now, which surprisingly spools pretty quick for my setup. I haven't even began to consider the suspension yet but that's just as important. Im working from the engine on back though, which next will be the tranny and then the rear end, etc. I have a lot of research to do but I'm pretty excited to be doing this after owning my car for 17 years.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 23 2021, 02:07:31 PM »
Changing the fuel pump is a two beer job. It's cheaper and easier than changing head gaskets.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 23 2021, 02:22:42 PM »
I had the 6262 on my car and it's the baddest street/strip turbo for these cars and is a legitimate bottom 10 second turbo. It comes alive at 23 PSI and pulls like a freight train. Vids on my channel are at 23 PSI with low/high 02's coming in at 780/780 and timing at 34/26 with an easy 1.68 launch bringing the RPM's up to 3,000 at launch. If memory serves I THINK the convertor was flashing to about 3500-3600 at launch. ET was always right around 7 flat at 100. I had to keep it to 7.2 on a race day as I had no safety equipment.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27 2021, 09:06:15 AM »
What's your youtube channel? I don't think I'm subscribed. Your car sounds disgusting though! It makes sense that it's a 10 sec turbo after seeing the guy from the other board get his stocker to run 11.3. Lol

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27 2021, 10:03:59 AM »
Turbobuicks 101 on Youtube. It takes very little to get these cars to run hard. Sold the car, 2500 HD and the enclosed trailer 3 years ago.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10 2022, 09:52:11 AM »
Thanks for the update. Damn, sold 3 years ago? I'll try and drive in your honor. Lol. 

Also, the pushrods are installed on the motor. I'm almost ready gents 

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10 2022, 10:03:52 AM »
Don't rush it...take your time like Jeremy is doing.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10 2022, 10:11:09 AM »
No rush! Got it

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10 2022, 10:18:55 AM »
You're lucky. Guys on the other board are screaming cuz they can't get parts, especially cams as the blanks come from China.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10 2022, 02:13:14 PM »
I couldn't get them either. It took 4 and a half months to get the aluminum heads. Luckily Bison had cams on hand. 

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10 2022, 02:17:25 PM »
 :rock: :rock: :rock:

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10 2022, 02:19:24 PM »
I made calls this morning on behalf of the guys on the other board with the part numbers to all the major speed shops in Ontario for roller cams. Nothing in any of the warehouses here.

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 10 2022, 02:43:55 PM »
Could try LSM. They grind custom rollers for many cam companies. They sell direct also. The largest cam I have been around was a direct buy from them. 1.016 lift, BBF.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11 2022, 09:21:22 AM »
Nothing being available really sucks. I'm hoping everything works out with mine as I would like to get to the tranny and suspension after the car fires up once. Lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal