Author Topic: Boost Help...can't get it under control.  (Read 3563 times)

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Boost Help...can't get it under control.
« on: April 12 2014, 09:50:06 PM »
Hey Gents, my boost is shooting up to 30 psi very rapidly...I wanted to keep it around 25 or so. The Evolution wastegate has a 20 pound spring I think, at least it takes that much pressure to accuate the rod in the gate. It has a 0-25 psi T-netics boost controller. I has all new rubber vacuum lines and double checked the line arrangements. Any tips on what I'm missing? Thanks
« Last Edit: April 14 2014, 12:24:43 AM by bcn30141 »
Extnder Extme Chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5, GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, PYPEs Exhaust,210 215 Roller, Morral lifters, PAC springs, port and polished 8445 irons, Tnetics CPT-61 DBB, EVo wastegate, LS1 MAF, GEN2,BHJ, HS rlr rockers

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: Boost Help...can't get it under control.
« Reply #1 on: April 13 2014, 08:56:55 AM »
Sounds like the waste gate doesn't have the capacity to handle the volume it needs to vent to keep the boost where you want it.
Without knowing your combo it is hard to speculate. I see a gn1 downpipe in your Sig. Is it an internal waste gate version or are you relying on this EVO waste gate. You might need a larger gate with a bigger capacity.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
How big is the wastegate and how do you have it hooked up?

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14 2014, 12:22:26 AM »
It is a external tnetics evolution wastegate, I have a hose coming from the backside of the WG and turbo T'd together to the inlet of the BC, then a hose from the outlet of the BC to the front side of the WG. Only way I can keep the boost down is to peddle the throttle, not easy. Texas T you might have a good point about wastegate capacity, how is that figured?
« Last Edit: April 14 2014, 12:27:10 AM by bcn30141 »
Extnder Extme Chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5, GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, PYPEs Exhaust,210 215 Roller, Morral lifters, PAC springs, port and polished 8445 irons, Tnetics CPT-61 DBB, EVo wastegate, LS1 MAF, GEN2,BHJ, HS rlr rockers

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14 2014, 12:26:53 PM »
I have a delta gate that everyone says sucks instead of blows. :icon_lol:    Lowest boost I can get is 14psi but I can easily go up to 30psi.  And it stays at exactly where I put it at with no spiking.  You're hooking it up in boost sensing mode.  I basically set mine up so I have a low pressure side on the wastegate and a high pressure side.  I don't connect to the boost sensing port on the turbo.  I have a high pressure side and low pressure side connected to my controller.  I don't vent one side of the controller.  Working with differential pressure cells I thought this method would work much better and it definitely does.  I have no spiking and bang on boost control.

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14 2014, 06:45:05 PM »
I have a delta gate that everyone says sucks instead of blows. :icon_lol:    Lowest boost I can get is 14psi but I can easily go up to 30psi.  And it stays at exactly where I put it at with no spiking.  You're hooking it up in boost sensing mode.  I basically set mine up so I have a low pressure side on the wastegate and a high pressure side.  I don't connect to the boost sensing port on the turbo.  I have a high pressure side and low pressure side connected to my controller.  I don't vent one side of the controller.  Working with differential pressure cells I thought this method would work much better and it definitely does. 

Diagram picture on paper by chance, I'm not sure I follow, my fault as I am new to this stuff. Thanks

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15 2014, 06:46:58 PM »
I'm on nights, so I'll get back to you in a day or two with a diagram.

Offline TWIN86GNS

• My car is almost ready!!!!
  • Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19 2014, 12:46:03 AM »
I'm with Forzfed, I like the Delta gates!!!  :)  A lot of people don't like them, but I do, that is why I have them on both of my cars.   :rock:
Paul Beal
beal_paul@yahoo.ca

1986 GN  #1,  11.38 @ 120.25 mph  with a 1.501 60'
1986 GN  #2,  13.25 @ 102.95 mph with a 2.086 60'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal