Author Topic: Super Groovy Stainless Steel Bolt Assortments  (Read 10104 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Super Groovy Stainless Steel Bolt Assortments
« on: June 26 2013, 01:36:08 PM »

Timing cover $100 (timing cover not included)

Complete intake manifold - 69pc $80

Valve Covers $14

Turbo Shield $10

THDP DP 8pc $9

LS1 & LT1 MAFs $5

Turbo Bell $5   (bell not included)

Stock and SLIC intercooler-8pc $9

Crank balancer pulley/intercooler fan 12pc $13

20bolt oilpan 40pc $20

14bolt pan 28pc $16

200 trans pan $19

10bolt rear diff 20pc $15

paypal address is earlbrown@mindspring.com  If you like checks, MO's, gold bars or cash, PM for my snailmail addy....

Shipping is $8 period, no matter the weight.

I can keep the costs low by taking advantage of USPS's flat rate boxes. (if all you want is something small like a 'onesie-twosie' let me know and I'll see if I can mail them cheaper)

Boltkits Photos by earlbrown | Photobucket
« Last Edit: June 26 2013, 09:41:51 PM by earlbrown »
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline $1987 GN$

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Super Groovy Stainless Steel Bolt Assortments
« Reply #1 on: June 26 2013, 07:36:26 PM »
Nicely done Earl !

AJ___

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
Dude, you have NO IDEA what a pain it the ass it was to get those things right.   I literally have my entire living room carpet covered in these damn things trying to figure out what I have.  There's a cattle trail to the big pr0n viewing device and the front door!
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27 2013, 04:19:34 PM »
I will take:
Turbo Shield $10
THDP DP 8pc $9
Stock and SLIC intercooler-8pc $9
10bolt rear diff 20pc $15

Email the total to earlbrownisapimp@ihadav8.com
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27 2013, 05:48:07 PM »
DAMN CYBER SQUATTERS stealing all my email addresses!!!!

Looks like that list comes out to fiddy1.  Let's just call it fiddy even.

If you don't mind, send it 'friends and family' on paypal so I don't have to eat the fees. (or PM me if you want to use snail mail)

Offline tb3

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27 2013, 08:21:44 PM »
these are how it shoulda been done from the factory.   :rock:
I'll take allen heads any day over a hex head!
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
badass dude. :rock: :rock:
Most talk about having thick skin but thats just BS.
This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27 2013, 09:56:40 PM »
these are how it shoulda been done from the factory.   :rock:
I'll take allen heads any day over a hex head!

I did it on my car because I had more time than money putting it back together (and I had no F*%&#ing idea just how much it was going to cost).   I really like having my engine done up in these fasteners.  With the exception of stuff like the crank bolt, and hose clamps, I can damn near tear my engine down to a long block with 4 T-handle hex wrenches.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28 2013, 03:22:21 AM »
I bought 1 of Earls kits some time ago and it's surprisingly complete. I'm very happy with it Earl, even though I haven't used it yet. :icon_redface:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline larrym

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28 2013, 02:26:07 PM »
Hows the piston project Earl? Any developments?

And nice job on the bolt package!
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 28 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
heard a rumor that Earl's bolts come from Canada instead of the vendor approved oriental origins?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
did you make your plenum bolts a bit longer so they work with the PowerPlate?
Steve Wood

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28 2013, 03:29:30 PM »
Hows the piston project Earl? Any developments?

And nice job on the bolt package!

After all the BS Scot called on TB about these bolts I lost interest for a little while. I was going to use the money from these extra fasteners to finance the prototypes.

That schmuck complained to the moderators even though he doesn't have the first bolt on his ricey Buick website (he told the mods that he sells bolt kits at shows).

The idea was to sell off my extras to finance the prototypes but now I have to pay fees to sell them yet Shane won't respond to my PM about what I have to pay....     Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. 

On the upside I was told that I could get away with selling pistons on the board at cost and I'd be protected from vendors flexing their 'paying vendor' muscles.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm that nice.

Thanks on the comments on the bolts. I know it looks just like it's a simplistic shiny pile of fasteners but it was a NIGHTMARE with many many orders to get the right.  I was real anal (giggity) about wanting them to be uniform in appearance as far as the socket head goes.  There's a slight difference between the SAEs and the metrics but that can't be helped as the SAEs are manufactured by a company in the US and the metrics are from Europe. (German I believe)

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28 2013, 03:35:47 PM »
did you make your plenum bolts a bit longer so they work with the PowerPlate?

Yep. That's not to say a monkey with a cheater bar can't strip these out, but those bolts were another pain the butt.  To do the upper plenum right, one of the fasteners has to be studded for the throttle cable bracket.  There's actually more than one length depending on pp, plenum spacer, pp and plenum spacer, etc...    Plus if you run a plenum spacer, it takes a longer bolt on the solid vacuum line under the TB. In that case you need longer plenum bolts, longer stud, and a spacer with a longer bolt for the vac lines.

I thought about making a stud kit but scrubbed that one.  Turns out quality stainless metric studs are considered the same price as gold!  Plus they would require a socket and extension to remove the nuts (that will run and hide in the valley area of the intake and ignore magnets) and they would get dirty with the exposed threads growing road grime.  That and the socket heads just look better :)

I do wish I had about 30 intakes so I could gauge how consistent the final machining was on the plenum bolt holes.  When I built my engine one of the last things I did was strip the threads that holds the thermostat bracket. I was egging as I don't have metric helicoles at home. Turns out the threaded depth was about 3/4" deeper than needed.  I got a much longer bolt (same as the THDP bolts) and it tightened down with no problem with the added bonus of having a 'starter hole' to square up the fastener before tightening it down.  Lucky break for me :)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
that kinda luck does not happen too often!
Steve Wood

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal