Author Topic: West Memphis  (Read 1396 times)

DCEPTCN

West Memphis
« on: December 23 2010, 05:38:35 PM »
Drove through there last night. Couldn't help but dig up an old video. Despite the age of the issue, I still feel it to be an important one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvON2sUfEaQ&playnext=1&list=PLC56FDA37DC3AF96D&index=24

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: West Memphis
« Reply #1 on: December 23 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:38 pm"
Drove through there last night. Couldn't help but dig up an old video. Despite the age of the issue, I still feel it to be an important one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvON2sUfEaQ&playnext=1&list=PLC56FDA37DC3AF96D&index=24

WOW ! ! ! I thought that stuff disappeared in the dark ages. Sad real sad.

AJ___

DCEPTCN

« Reply #2 on: December 23 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
Seems the jesus-driven witch hunters have grown slightly more civil but are nevertheless just as maniacal as they were in Salem.

Offline Zap

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
West Memphis
« Reply #3 on: December 23 2010, 06:57:29 PM »
Then again, playing devil's advocate, that's only one side of the story. Just as in the case of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, there is always an equal chance that those proclaiming innocence can be just as full of shit as those demanding (misguided) justice. Just because one is "different" does not make one guilty, but it does not make one innocent either.

We heard the same "sloppy police work" claims during the OJ trial, and probably every trial that ever was could claim the same. I'm not saying that the Memphis three are guilty, but I'd prefer a more comprehensive and unbiased analysis.

Rubin Carter, by the way, is about as innocent as OJ
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

DCEPTCN

« Reply #4 on: December 23 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
The more I've looked into it the clearer it has become that these kids had nothing to do with this and, in my estimation, the stepfather Byers is guilty. I wont insist that you watch the Paradise Lost that HBO did on this, but I think it's pretty clear. What's most important is that three people were convicted with nary an ounce of evidence. All they (the prosecution) had was the forced confession of a borderline retarded boy that didn't match the facts at all...and we all know that admission of guilt alone is not enough for a conviction.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal