Author Topic: Turbo Tech  (Read 58842 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Turbo Tech
« Reply #210 on: July 29 2018, 09:08:43 PM »
I would think the manufacturer assumes you have some form of boost controller
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 30 2018, 04:45:40 PM »

I would think the manufacturer assumes you have some form of boost controller

Bob Dole assumes nothing.

True or false. I can run a slightly tighter convertor than spec'd by the turbo manufacturer with a larger turbo if I use a boost controller like an RJC unit.If true...why?

Well, if I were Bob Dole answering this question, seeing as we all love to speak in the third-person, I'll be a dude playing another dude pretending to be another dude..

So Bob Dole thinks that the boost controller of that nature would have minimal affect on the converter's responsiveness

If you went from a stock WG setup and then went to a twin scroll 4 bolt setup with dual external wg's running Co2...I'd say that THAT would have an affect on the responsiveness of the turbo, allowing you to run a slightly tighter converter.

Bob Dole.
« Last Edit: July 31 2018, 12:12:11 AM by BoostedRPS »

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 30 2018, 10:19:46 PM »
True or false. I can run a slightly tighter convertor than spec'd by the turbo manufacturer with a larger turbo if I use a boost controller like an RJC unit.

Probably false. The MBC holding the wastegate fully closed might help during the spoolup stage, but the converter has to slip enough to get the turbo started spinning in the first place.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline challengermike

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 16 2019, 08:11:35 AM »
Would the Comp Turbo Technology CT3S Turbo 60 62 be a good upgrade from a ta49 ? Also could I take the 3 bolt housing from the ta49 and bolt it to the comp turbo ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal