Author Topic: New Personal Best 6.72 at 104.67  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Personal Best 6.72 at 104.67
« Reply #15 on: October 13 2014, 04:10:06 PM »
With my Buick I just made due with mostly used parts and focused on the combination.

Brad you'll get to a point where you won't get anymore results from pushing it harder. At that time enjoy it. I kept on chasing the carrot and broke just about everything. I miss my car dearly but it was time to move on. I made some bad decisions - fiberglass doors, and trying to install the cage myself.

Sometimes I wish I would have left the firebird alone - it was fun to drive stock, now it's more of a hassle. Guess I need a Buick for a driver eh ?

Jeremy, I completely understand what you're saying. I have my two other Camaros for crusing in...and I've decided to keep the 80 Z28 over the 85, and I'm gonna sell it off in the spring. I made a decision 2 years ago to strictly track the GN...and make a concerted effort to speed it up. On the Thanksgiving weekend up here...then I go all in with it and see what I can squeeze out of it. This turbo isn't all in till 29 PSI...so there's a couple tenths left...and I'll try for them next fall. The rest of the year I have the car backed off to 7.2 to 7.3 for grudge/bracket racing. I remember Steve saying years ago if you can get one of these things running consistent low 11's...and your quick on the tree...then you're gonna win most grudge races...and he's correct.

What I'm thinking about right now...is my own mortality. I'm a big enuf man to admit that run yesterday...wa s nothing but a blur. I posted a pic of my buddy Mikes 2002 low 10 bronze colored Camaro awhile back...and it has a proper professionally installed cage in it. I'm gonna sit down with him and find out who installed it. It's time I did the same.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Online nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
Safety is huge and often overlooked.

It's expensive but worth it. My friends asked why I have a $600 bell housing - my response is I like my feet.

I'd like to move from this bolt-in 6pt to a 10pt cage - but I'm not quite there yet.

Put some good pads on the front too. I put hawk HPS on my car and I can make the 1st turn off if I need to after blowing thru the traps at 130+
IhaveaV8

Offline trashmechlv

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19 2014, 03:48:28 PM »
Very nice pass! Great job :cheers:
Mike G

87 GN, TA52, ATR headers, 3" downpipe, 80lb inj's and TT 6.1 chip, CAS V4 IC, PTC 9.5 NL, B&M transcooler, stock posi rear 3.42, Hellwig rear bar, Spohn solid LCAs on E85! 11.46@ 115mph

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal