Author Topic: Donut between downpipe and elbow  (Read 5551 times)

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Donut between downpipe and elbow
« Reply #15 on: February 17 2020, 12:19:31 PM »
I don't know if this is both parts, or not    https://www.highwaystars.net/gasket-turbo-exhaust-downpipe-gm-1262500/

Autozone and others sell the Walker donut replacement.

When I had a stock dp, I used to put a thin coat of high temp copper rtv on it before bolting it down
Hi Steve, Do you have ESP?

Last night I was taking to my wife about calling highwaystars on their GM downpipe donut, and last night I also found a tube of Versachem Mega Copper high-temp silicone

I already called highwaystars, and ordered their donut gasket is a GM product since it's not an after market type
I also ordered a egr gasket since I'm going to totally remove the egr system. I only did half the system by disconnecting the vacuum, but now I will remove all of egr associations.
I will keep you posted of results
Now go play some Lotto :rock: :rock: :rock:
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #16 on: February 17 2020, 12:58:01 PM »
LOL, be very careful when you block off the EGR that you have sealed the opening off.  It can be difficult with a block off plate so use some high temp and glue it down and it might stay sealed
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17 2020, 02:15:47 PM »
Eric disables the EGR via his chip. It won't kick a code.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17 2020, 05:33:32 PM »
Eric disables the EGR via his chip. It won't kick a code.
I already know that when I electrically disconnected the EGR
My chip is from Full Throttle Bob Bailey
Thanks
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17 2020, 05:40:56 PM »
LOL, be very careful when you block off the EGR that you have sealed the opening off.  It can be difficult with a block off plate so use some high temp and glue it down and it might stay sealed
I torque down the intake which it didn't needed it, and also remove the EGR valve. If you look are the picture there is moisture around the edge of the EGR valve as well as on the edge of the copper gasket.
I also from highwaystars the EGR gasket and as highwaystars descriptions:
This unique high-temperature GM gasket is made of the same graphite material as original GM Vin 7 Turbo Regal head gaskets and is not available anywhere else
[/size]I will still Hi-temp RTV on both sides of the gasket.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal