Tech Area > Car Stereo and Electronics

Add to window circuit?

(1/4) > >>

SuperSix:
Among the other repairs for the woefully slow Regal power windows...

How about wiring something like this into the window circuit? You hit the window motor, it increases the alternator power output while the switch is pushed, and returns to regular operation once you release the switch.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/projects/gnalt.html

Possible? Make sense?

daveismissing:
It should work, replacing the switch with a relay driven from the window circuity.
You are exposing the whole car to this higher voltage. Window Speed vs voltage would be interesting to plot.
Get one of those voltage boosting supplies for fuel pumps and use it on the windows?

SuperSix:

--- Quote from: daveismissing on March 29 2012, 02:56:55 PM ---It should work, replacing the switch with a relay driven from the window circuity.
You are exposing the whole car to this higher voltage. Window Speed vs voltage would be interesting to plot.
Get one of those voltage boosting supplies for fuel pumps and use it on the windows?

--- End quote ---

I would build the module - not complicated. Tuck it under the dash or something.

I seem to remember seeing that input voltage affects the speed - and the +12v factory supply wires are too small.

daveismissing:
Measure the voltage drop across the wires, If significant put in bigger wires.
Better than buggering around with the alternator voltage.

Headlights brightening every time someone rolls a window....

SuperSix:

--- Quote from: daveismissing on March 29 2012, 03:44:54 PM ---Measure the voltage drop across the wires, If significant put in bigger wires.
Better than buggering around with the alternator voltage.

Headlights brightening every time someone rolls a window....

--- End quote ---

Yep.

I plan to rewire the door. One of the bajillion projects I have planned is to rebuild the doors - I have 2 Kirban door repair kits and the booklet by that Pete guy. I will put in my speakers and rewire the doors at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version