Author Topic: Razor Alky Pump-How To Check?  (Read 7600 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Razor Alky Pump-How To Check?
« Reply #15 on: August 28 2017, 06:23:25 PM »
If E85 ever becomes readily available up here I'll run it. I do a ton of reading on the E85 forum on the other board. It's the way to fly.

What's your laws up there concerning the distillation of ethanol?  Since you don't have our IRS I'm guessing you're waaaaaaaaay ahead of the game.

The real trick with running on party likker is to keep gasoline the hell out of it. Down here that's not an option. The IRS insists that anything distilled has to be poisned so that if you drink untaxed liquor, they need you to die.

Having to be forced to add at least 2 percent denaturant really fucks up the output.  Every thing on the ATFE's list requires all the water to be removed from the hooch to avoid fallout from seperation.  Having to remove all the water drives the heating costs through the roof, lowers the net gallons of fuel per gallon of mash and makes the end result substandard.

There's one farm loophole here that says if you fill up on the same lot as your fuel still, you don't have to poison it.  That means you can make fuel that has built in water injection.

Just think of how much boost you could make with high octane fuel that's 20 30 or 40 percent water.  Not to mention the additional steam power after the gas as blew it's wad.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28 2017, 07:10:56 PM »
Earl, I honestly don't know. Last time I did a search E85 was available at 2 stations in Ottawa...3 hours away...and 1 in Guelph...2 hours away. Those were the only 2 in Ontario here I could find. Likely have laws up the wazoo why it's widely unavailable up here. Not sure of the other provinces. I'm not holding my breath on us getting it anytime soon.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28 2017, 09:07:57 PM »
Make your own . YOU can control the quality and get it up to e98, I don't believe it's illegal to own a still but it is illegal to sell what you manufacture.

Also Brad; you should ask about it where you buy your race gas.

Ron, I pick up my race gas on the reserve beside the track...no tax. All they have is 109, 112 and 116. Beggars can't be choosers. Karbelt in Pickering might be able to hook a person up with it...but it's nowhere near me. Same as nitrous. I think Kingston is the closest place to me to get it.

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
Earl, I honestly don't know. Last time I did a search E85 was available at 2 stations in Ottawa...3 hours away..

I wasn't talking about buying E85, I was talking about making your own party likker right there at the house. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqw3I3OF2YU
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28 2017, 10:17:59 PM »
Like everything else in this country...prol ly illegal. If it's fun...it's illegal up here.

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28 2017, 10:48:53 PM »
I wasn't talking about e85 either. may need somebody with a '[card]

Corn has been used as RACE fuel since at least the 50's.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29 2017, 08:50:04 AM »
I wasn't talking about e85 either. may need somebody with a '[card]

Corn has been used as RACE fuel since at least the 50's.

SMP is on the reserve. If it was available, I'd know about it.

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29 2017, 09:27:06 AM »
If you really want to check the pump you need a pressure gauge.  It should go past 150 PSI pretty easily. 
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29 2017, 07:36:58 PM »
Anyone have any luck running an alky mix (with water)? I've always had great luck running straight meth ONLY is my Razor's kit, and what Julio recommended.
Got into it with a guy saying I'd be better off with a mix 50/50. I'm still running the factory head seal@ 190k, so I really didn't put a lot of merit to what was pushing.
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29 2017, 08:14:34 PM »
He hasn't a clue. Diluting the meth isn't helping you any imo. But what works in his car doesn't mean it will work in yours.

But arguing with him is like wrastlin with a pig in the mud. After a bit you realize the pig is enjoying it.
« Last Edit: August 29 2017, 10:42:16 PM by TexasT »
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #25 on: August 29 2017, 09:22:19 PM »
running straight meth provides fuel/higher octane along with the base chemical intercooling effect.  You give that up with 50-50...the octane/fueling.  I have seen a couple of cars runs tens with a bad fuel pump without knocking.  Try that on 50-50
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline aminga

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
Running a mix won't hurt as long as you're tuned for it.  But like steve says you give up part of the benefits.
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03 2017, 08:54:25 PM »
Thanks all..........I'll stick with whats working for me and that's straight Meth.
Jim
1987 T Limited

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal