Author Topic: 87GN Last Time Under the Knife,FL  (Read 26273 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 87GN Last Time Under the Knife,FL
« Reply #60 on: January 13 2013, 04:06:15 PM »
Does the tester not physically hook up or are the inner nuts and bolts different so the tester speaks a different language?
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline I Love Factory ECMs

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: -16
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13 2013, 04:18:54 PM »

Yeah, no kidding.  Nothing like spending tonnes of money on stuff you don't need, to try to impress a bunch of people you don't know.  :chin:

Either this guy has really deep pockets, or one serious line of credit.

It's other peoples pockets. He took a brand new engine knowing ran it lean, blew it up and then stayed in it. Then sued the engine builder (that built him a race engine) for fraud and got $30K.

Now he's got other guys on the ropes trying to figure out how to make a street legal racecar idiot proof.

This guy takes checkbook hotrodding to the next level.
Just Burns your Hide don't it...lol...Ain't nobody on the ropes if i got what i paid for. Me having to go over an Fix other peoples payed work don't cut-it in my World. (you only know what i've typed, You know nothing about me or my GN)  I don't work for free Either....
Expensive

Yeah, no kidding.  Nothing like spending tonnes of money on stuff you don't need, to try to impress a bunch of people you don't know.  :chin:

Either this guy has really deep pockets, or one serious line of credit.
This Car i bought in 90' after a chick totaled my 86' GN. You want Speed out these Cars with reliability it cost, Used parts cost you more in the long run if try that route.Every thing on my car has a purpose an function.  My car's now totally restored less the Frame an under carriage, Which is last on my priorities since it's a Driver.The car is also totally equipped to handle what i prefur to throw at it, Less the 109 motor.  Many Many Mech. have ripped me off, That's the only Serious cost expenditure i've encountered. ($50,000 in all over the last 12 years from muiltipul differant shops)
In the new member section is the Long Version of this story "Bozo in a Buick:...My goal on this car is Pure Factory Appearing GNX Ext/Int. with 9.90 et drivetrain an Supercar handling.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13 2013, 10:04:11 PM »
This Car i bought in 90' after a chick totaled my 86' GN. You want Speed out these Cars with reliability it cost, Used parts cost you more in the long run if try that route.Every thing on my car has a purpose an function.  My car's now totally restored less the Frame an under carriage, Which is last on my priorities since it's a Driver.The car is also totally equipped to handle what i prefur to throw at it, Less the 109 motor.  Many Many Mech. have ripped me off, That's the only Serious cost expenditure i've encountered. ($50,000 in all over the last 12 years from muiltipul differant shops)
In the new member section is the Long Version of this story "Bozo in a Buick:...My goal on this car is Pure Factory Appearing GNX Ext/Int. with 9.90 et drivetrain an Supercar handling.

You could save yourself being taken advantage of, a load of heart ache, and ultimately become responsible for your own car and the work done to it, by learning to build and fix it yourself.

As someone who actively races his Buick in auto-x you are miles away from handling like any supercar in your GN.  But, call me when you achieve that lofty goal.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
Have you considered a SBC motor?
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14 2013, 01:15:06 AM »

You could save yourself being taken advantage of, a load of heart ache, and ultimately become responsible for your own car and the work done to it, by learning to build and fix it yourself.

As someone who actively races his Buick in auto-x you are miles away from handling like any supercar in your GN.  But, call me when you achieve that lofty goal.
Yea, i'm buy a dyno,make my garage a machine shop,the kitchen the building room, the bedroom the programing department.... ..Just like you own 4 wheel scales,spring rate tester,4 set's different compound tires for varying surfaces an laser alignment machine...You didn't read the Bozo in Buick story...i do the work my self now,...Even at the shop it's in now. Something's aren't a one person job.
I've read your build,My Car's set far an above your capibilities/adjustability's, It's ready to line up next to your grocery market parking lot set-up when your ready...LOL... you can Post your Skip-pad G's at any time...
« Last Edit: January 14 2013, 02:05:50 AM by Hellobozos »

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14 2013, 01:30:44 AM »
Have you considered a SBC motor?
Not in this car,keeping it as original Buick as possible with the pieces,109,200r4,Int./Ext.,Had to do the 9" rear,nothing else would hold-up.
 I had 400SB .060 over half block poured,bolt-on aftermarket heads,with a 635/310 roller in all steel less the hood 73 Camaro running 10.80 street tires/full exhuast/stock suspenion before i brought this GN back out of storage in 2000. I'm after MPG an Speed now.
I'm tempted to do  25-1 regal,time will tell,my plates to full at the moment.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14 2013, 08:31:38 AM »

Yea, i'm buy a dyno,make my garage a machine shop,the kitchen the building room, the bedroom the programing department.... ..Just like you own 4 wheel scales,spring rate tester,4 set's different compound tires for varying surfaces an laser alignment machine...You didn't read the Bozo in Buick story...i do the work my self now,...Even at the shop it's in now. Something's aren't a one person job.
I've read your build,My Car's set far an above your capibilities/adjustability's, It's ready to line up next to your grocery market parking lot set-up when your ready...LOL... you can Post your Skip-pad G's at any time...

You are right. Some jobs simply are too much for just one person; that is when I call up a friend.  But, money can't buy those... can they, Champ?

All the parts in the World can't make up for a lack of skill.  I look forward to the law suit/rant against your chosen tire company when you over drive your car into a pole or ditch; or if we are really fortunate off a cliff.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14 2013, 05:37:32 PM »

You are right. Some jobs simply are too much for just one person; that is when I call up a friend.  But, money can't buy those... can they, Champ?

All the parts in the World can't make up for a lack of skill.  I look forward to the law suit/rant against your chosen tire company when you over drive your car into a pole or ditch; or if we are really fortunate off a cliff.
You Have No Idea on my Skills nor acquaintances ....you can parking-lot your GN to death ,it don't count for having grown up in the Car. (again read ' bozo in a Buick ' ,It's my high school car,so all those years of modifying is Why it's the way it is...this car wasn't bought last year)....I run staggered Falken r615's...there waiting to show you the backside of them...lol..yo ur skid pad G's are what? i missed it...lol  (welcome to my thread, this why i stayed out of yours,your to one tracked an minded)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal