Author Topic: Sometimes you fix something by accident.  (Read 1834 times)

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Sometimes you fix something by accident.
« on: May 19 2012, 08:50:05 AM »
At my friends  (David Husek) shop Thursday night and he was trying to get a head on some work. so we installed a newly modded ECM onto my car just to make sure its working and have it ready for the GN coming in the next day.
Anyways i pull my ECM out and put the new one in.
Turn the key onto the on position, my fuel pump primes then shuts off.
i then turn proceed to turn the car on and everything is all good ECM works.

What did i fix By accident?  My fuel pump was staying on all the time with the car off and the key in the on position -- Not anymore.
i thought it was something i wired wrong. So in preparing to fix this i had gotten all of the fuel system schematics.
Anyways Dave pulls out a spare ECM from a pile of spares and hands it over to me.
i swapped out the PowerLogger and now the fuel pump primes and shuts off and the car runs just like it did before --crap-- just in case you was wondering.
Fuel system schematics-- Back into the box. :rock:   
and one more thing removed from the list. :rock: :rock:
Most talk about having thick skin but thats just BS.
This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes you fix something by accident.
« Reply #1 on: May 19 2012, 10:43:27 AM »
When my ECM pooched last Summer it took the entire circuit for the fuel system with it. Switched ECMs and was back on the road. I lost almost 2 months of driving last Summer due to odd-duck broken parts or failures.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal