Tech Area > General Buick Tech

Which Size Rear Tires?

(1/4) > >>

Just a Six?:
So I still have my MT 275-60 x 15 Drag Radials on the back (which were new back at BPG 2013) & they still have some tread for a track day but that's pretty much history for me so I'm in need of street tires & the front TA are still fine.                         
Amazon has MT 275-60 x 15 but I'm thinking maybe a 255-50? instead for a less aggressive look & a better fit?
What size tires are you guys using on the back these days?  :cheers:

No I don't drive the car much for those tires to still have tread after 3 years of BPG events & 10 years driving.  :rolleyes;
I do have a couple stock rims just in case I get the itch I can swap on the DR's.

Steve Wood:
The 255-50s are a bit short I think. Getting hard to find 15s.  If they make a 255-55, that would be closer to a 26" diameter, I think

Steve Wood:
Ok, I don't see anything. May need some 17" wheels. SMH

Just a Six?:
Steve I agree that the 255's do look short. The 275-60 look good & with Air Bags in my springs I can adjust as needed so unless I hear of some other ideas come next year it will be the MT 275-60. I'm not changing rims etc. Honestly the thought of selling the car has crossed my mind this summer & it's the 1st time I've ever thought like that. I only put on about 600 kms so the oil isn't even dirty. The crazy thing is that I'm now out of the city with lots of roads to cut loose on but how many times am I going to do that? I don't know but if I get the price I'm thinking about it will probably be a move I'll make.
Now when spring rolls around & I fire it up the 1st time I won't be thinking about that because it's still gives me a rush when I jump on it!   :rock:

xracerx13:
Correct me if I'm wrong :icon_eyes: but this is what I came up with...

275-60-15 are 28" tall and go better with 3.73 gears,. With stock 3.23 gears the speedo and ECM will be off.
255-50-15 are 25" tall no good period. Your speedometer and the ECM will be off.
255-55-15 are 26" tall and works best with stock 3.23 gears.
275-50-15 are 25.8" tall and require an 8.5" wide wheel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version