Author Topic: RJC Engine Brace Question  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
RJC Engine Brace Question
« on: November 07 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
Gonna install this RJC engine brace I've got laying around the shop when the engine goes back in next week. What clearance are you guys using for the stopper?
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: RJC Engine Brace Question
« Reply #1 on: November 10 2013, 07:08:07 PM »
what the????
scoobum asking a question???  lol!

I almost installed one of these once but decided against it since I personally just prefer the hr poly mounts.
I think I remember earl saying he might be concerned with vibration but I would think that would only be if you left some clearance.
I would've probably snugged it up till the rubber touches the frame and then looked at how much the engine twist with the stock motor mounts under acceleration.

I'm not much help, but thats just my 2 cents   :cheers:
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10 2013, 07:46:22 PM »
Wasn't me. If you leave a gap there should be no vibration.   

Now wrenching down with a ratchet strap will make the car feel like it has a bad wheel bearing and you can see vibrations in the rear view mirrow.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Scott87

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost Tube
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12 2013, 10:18:52 AM »
I ran mine up till it touched then put a half turn before locking it in place...

Like yourself I couldn't find anything on this subject...  I haven't had any issues running it this way...

The best use of the bracket I found is in the use of changing valve cover gaskets with gn1 or tall covers becomes laughably easy... The tight squeeze with the ac becomes a non issue due to loosening the bumper then lightly jacking up on the bracket... With good motor mounts you get just enough rotation you don't have to fight with getting the cover in and out...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal