Author Topic: Calling Alan Minga... or someone who knows him  (Read 8551 times)

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Alan Minga... or someone who knows him
« Reply #30 on: July 21 2016, 01:19:59 PM »
Alan...do you know the short time for the Baileyton run? Checking RPM launch data to my own. This convertor couples well...but I think I'm working too hard to get it to launch in the 1.5's. Several guys I race with have dumped DR's in favour of ET Streets. We have the short times to back it up.

The 7.07 at Baileyton was 1.576. 

Drag Radials are good but the track has to be prepped for them.  Softwall slicks Actually need to slip just a little bit but Radials have to dead hook. If you spin them their done.  Baileyton used to be regarded as a slick track they worked at it themselves and invited a few of us out to test the prep.

This was the result.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A1-X4iL_dw&index=19&list=PL3EC08B6F6FF8C9E3    Their starting line prep was good but about 30 ft out it was awful.  The Caddy thought he had that one :-)

But they brought in VP and their traction consulting team and worked at it, switched to LC-7 and preped the track just like Pud and Tyler said to and it got really good.

And I know folks say that you only have to turn over radials to clean them off and that's bullshit.  I roll through the water and stop on the edge of the box set the line lock and don't stop until I see smoke rolling out of the fenderwells. (I've seen 3rd gear on the PL during the burnout before) And I don't spin them over in the water either. 

Like so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zwhjCmDmyc&index=20&list=PL3EC08B6F6FF8C9E3

Click off the lock and just let it roll forward, don't back up, roll right up to the prestage and wait.  Set the 2 step bring the revs up a little and wait for the other guy to go in first.  WHen the stage beam goes on Hold the brake and floor it.  The 2 step is set to 3200 with 15 degrees of retard. Boost controller is set to 12PSI (it will go above that) and the ISAC controller is set to Disable alky on the 2 step.  I  had to slow down the boost ramp in the ISAC to keep it from blowing the tires off in the first 60 ft.

You need to be close to 10PSI to leave with a 1.5
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline aminga

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21 2016, 01:33:43 PM »
That is very impressive with 235's! The only reason I ask is everyone says my car is slow yet it weighs 4050lb with me in it and I ran a mid 11 on pump gas.  I think my best 1/8 time was around the 7.2 second range might be a little better I have to dig up my slip.  But my 60 foot was around 1.76 and mph was around 92/93 but on pump gas I can't complain.  I do need to hook better.

Get that down to 1.55 and you're running 6's
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21 2016, 05:37:31 PM »
I agree with Alan that DR's are for a perfectly prepped track...where the crew really works at it. I tested with 28" MT DR's and 28" Hoosier DR's...to no avail. I tried all kinds of tire pressures and different RPM/boost launches. I tried giving them a quick haze like most recommend...an d John Force burnouts. The guys I race with are having the best results with either a pure slick...or an ET Street.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #33 on: July 21 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
Alan, were those runs at Bandimere?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline aminga

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21 2016, 05:55:43 PM »
Alan, were those runs at Bandimere?

Baileyton, AL or Jakes in Moulton, AL

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21 2016, 07:53:57 PM »
That is very impressive with 235's! The only reason I ask is everyone says my car is slow yet it weighs 4050lb with me in it and I ran a mid 11 on pump gas.  I think my best 1/8 time was around the 7.2 second range might be a little better I have to dig up my slip.  But my 60 foot was around 1.76 and mph was around 92/93 but on pump gas I can't complain.  I do need to hook better.

Get that down to 1.55 and you're running 6's

I will try!  I have new MT drag radial pros. :cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal