Author Topic: external transmission cooler  (Read 14997 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: external transmission cooler
« Reply #30 on: April 21 2012, 11:56:19 PM »
I honestly don't know...as I've always let it go off the foot brake. It does have a transbrake in it...but I haven't had enuf hard parts in it until recently to give it a go.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
Normally, the external cooler is mounted such that the outlets are pointed to the side for hose routing convenience... .this should eliminate any possibility of an air pocket even tho the tranny line pressure should be sufficiently above atmospheric to force any air on thru the system and out the vent.

With regard to the factory cooler, you are pretty much stuck with factory routing unless you want to go to the trouble of changing  it around.

And what about fluid drain back? That'll put some air in the lines. Also keep in mind that once the fluid leaves the trans it has done its part so who cares how much air it contains (aeration notwithstandin g)?
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30 2012, 08:43:57 AM »
Since the fluid pickup is direct and in the pan the cooler position doesn't really matter. I wouldn't go out of my way to cause areas to trap air and debris. You do want the cooler to work as it was designed too.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal