Tech Area > General Buick Tech

My GN lives and thank you to the forum

(1/5) > >>

Hill1430:
I want to thank everyone who has answered my questions over the last couple of years. I finally started my car yesterday. I was surprised it started right off. Have a couple of minor leaks to address, but overall running good. My scanmaster reads BL of 124-128 at idle depending on which time I start it. TPS is .42. Now the bad, I have Mal code 43. Bad ESC or wiring. I can get a new ESC Module from NAPA for $220. Is that the way to go, or does someone have a better suggestion? I have included a few pictures of the progress. Again, thank you all!!

Steve Wood:
My first thought is that it's not the module. I would think it's wiring.

Try going thru the trouble shooting here.

Glad to hear the progress!

https://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/code_43.htm

Hill1430:
Thanks, this gives me a place to start. Could a knock sensor installed too tight cause this?

Steve Wood:
don't think so.  That might cause false alarms but not a trouble light.  Note, I did not go back and read the tree I linked :D

Looking at the tree, I would check for continuity between the knock sensor and E on the esc.  A good ground at D.  8+ volts at B7 at the ecm when the key is turned to Run.  And 12 volts at B when the key is in run.

Hill1430:
I can't get to it till Monday, but I will check those first and get back to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version