Tech Area > General Buick Tech

shifter indicator light displays lights on overdrive and drive at the same time

(1/2) > >>

gnonyx:
Hi All,
Is there a way to adjust the shifter indicator light so only the neutral or overdrive indicator light displays with only ONE indicator light being lit?
Thanks

Steve Wood:
Sounds like the linkage is out of adjustment a bit and the shifter is not quite in the neutral position when the transmission is in Neutral.  If you move the shifter a little, do you only get one lit brightly?

There is no way to adjust the light to my knowledge, only the linkage.

reality:
  Maybe the light and wire popped out of the holder\bracket and is ''floating'' around. If so it's only a matter of time till it gets jammed up in the linkage and gets smashed. BTDT

gnonyx:

--- Quote from: Steve Wood on November 05 2022, 10:01:52 AM ---Sounds like the linkage is out of adjustment a bit and the shifter is not quite in the neutral position when the transmission is in Neutral.  If you move the shifter a little, do you only get one lit brightly?

There is no way to adjust the light to my knowledge, only the linkage.

--- End quote ---
Hi Steve hope all is well with you, and yes if I move the shifter a little the next indicator light starts to light up.
I removed the shifter top plate and saw the bulb was not secure into the socket.
I might have disturbed the sifter light as I was replacing the shifter cable.
In a couple of days I will readjust the shifter cable linkage again
Is it normal to have about 1/2" of free play"
There is no play or movement on the transmission end, but on the shifter handle It has about 1/2" play

gnonyx:

--- Quote from: reality on November 05 2022, 10:44:28 AM ---  Maybe the light and wire popped out of the holder\bracket and is ''floating'' around. If so it's only a matter of time till it gets jammed up in the linkage and gets smashed. BTDT

--- End quote ---
Yes you're right, the bub was slightly off the socket so I remove the shifter plate and reconnected the bulb back onto the socket.
Thanks for your input

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version