Tech Area > General Auto Tech

New Jack

(1/4) > >>

Steve Wood:
I decided to buy another jack that was more controllable than the two floor jacks that I have. The Daytona jacks from HF have a pretty good reputation for the money (they have gone up about 40% since last summer so I guess that is relative).

I was going to buy the Professional model long reach/low profile model but I noted they have a 90 day warranty whereas the Super Duty was on sale for $20 more and come with a three year warranty. The down side is that it is about a 1/2" taller and full height is about 1/2" lower.

The Super Duty is a blatant knock off of the Snap On and is alleged to be built in the same factory as the Snap On. The wheels are ball bearing and taller than the Professional model and it has more grease fittings.

It weighs 104 lbs out of the box but it glides around like it is floating on air. Most importantly, to me, is that it appears to be very controllable in drop speed which makes it easier to get the car off the blocks and down to the jack stands before going all the way to the floor. That is the plan anyway.

Gotta few more things to button up on this old gal before I find out.

nocooler:
Nice! Is 3 tons enough to lift that wagon? - lol 

Steve Wood:
I think the front end weighs about 3 tons LOL

daveismissing:
I am frustrated by the limited travel of all jacks about 18" IIRC.From memory There was one that did an extra 6 inches but was long discontinued and sold for hundreds even used.

Steve Wood:
This one is 3 3/4 to 23 1/8

The Professional model is a bit lower and a bit higher.
3.25 to be 24.25

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version