Tech Area > General Buick Tech

Update on future build

<< < (53/56) > >>

Steve Wood:
I think you should change the bushings in the arm that sticks out of the steering column under the hood.  This is where the rod connects that goes under the car to the shift linkage.  It makes sure the car goes into Reverse at the right time so the back up lights come on when they should.  The bushings are usually worn out or missing for several years now!  https://www.ebay.com/itm/284033672332

If I don't have my cars mixed up, there is just a ball on the end of the accelerator cable that slides into the slot on the end of the gas pedal.  I don't remember right now if there is a plastic piece that you pop in to keep it from walking out, or not.  I think I am thinking of old mopars with that piece.

Of course I remember Charles.  He's a friend of mine on face book so I cannot forget him LOL

I don't know if anyone has come up with a tv cable that works or not.  Gbody parts is where I would probably start if I cannot find one used or on ebay.  Obviously, someone has found a way to make one work.

How bout this one?  https://www.highwaystars.net/cable-transmission-throttle-valve-detent-replaces-gm-25532115/

phil_long:
Of course you guys are FB friends! I don't know how I forgot that. Lol. Thank you so much for the info. I'm going to source every piece needed to get this car moving. I can't wait to get to the fun stuff. I'm gonna drive it down to Texas to your farm Steve! Lol

Steve Wood:
You are welcome anytime :cheers: so come on down!

Wait til all this 108-114 deg weather stops!

phil_long:
That's a good point. My car would burn up before it makes it. :rofl:

phil_long:
I refuse to start a new topic! Lol. Hey guys, it's been forever since I've posted and I just wanted to catch you all up on what's going on. The car is in the air now due to the tranny fluid drain and gasket/filter change. Next, new tranny lines to a remote cooler with a fan and thermostat. I have everything to do it, and it should be done by week's end. The car idles amazingly smooth. I can't wait to get the exhaust buttoned up so I can hear it idle through the new stainless steel exhaust. I hope everyone is living the dream and staying healthy as possible. I'll do a better job at keeping you updated on this project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version