General > Computer/Tech Support

SD2 tuning

(1/39) > >>

good2win22:
So I'm a bit confused but that's not hard to do.  Apparently there are 4 different ways to to get a target air fuel ratio at idle on parameter 2.

Set to 9.7 to turn on closed loop and use a target a/f from the PL AFR table.
Set to 9.8 to turn off closed loop, but still use a target a/f from the PL AFR table.
Set to 9.9 to turn off closed loop, and use a target a/f preset in the chip.
Set to 10.0 and higher and this will be your target a/f.

Which is preferred/best method?  I noticed on the PL screen that when the chip was installed it was set at 98 but there was no AFR correction data when the engine was running. I then changed it to 13.5 and I got an AFR correction data.

Steve Wood:
I don't think there is a preferred or best...but, I would start off with the last option and set it about 13.5 and see if it idled smoothly in gear at that point

good2win22:
It's set at 13.5 now.  Idle is smooth. Doesn't die or stumble in gear.  I did adjust the injector offset to get the a/f correction closer to 0. Went for a little drive and there is a lean spike when accelerating.  Guess I'll work that parameter and the cruise parameter next. 

If what I understand is true, then the 97 means I would adjust the a/f correction via the VE table with the help of the sensor information feeding their data back to the ECM and the 98 would not show an a/f correction because it doesn't care what the sensor info is. 

good2win22:
I think I have a little better understanding now.  Adjust the parameters in the blm grid and the chip adjusts the tables. And if you're feeling froggy, you can go into the tables and adjust as you see fit.

I can easily see how you could completely destroy an engine without any idea of knowing what you're doing. Lots of options does get overwhelming at times.

Now I need to understand how each parameter interacts with the other.  Also it would be nice to have a second person to enter info while driving.  I do like the ability to see results instantaneousl y.

Steve Wood:
I did not upgrade from 1 to 2 when Eric asked me if I wanted to.  I don't seem to want to focus on one thing anymore, but, that is my understanding  as to how it works.

It should be pretty close on the defaults and I would not make radical changes.  At the 10.0 sec range, I don't really think it will be any faster than a well tuned regular chip no matter what the xfi shills claim...On the other hand, it's fun and the not too expensive :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version