Tech Area > Car Stereo and Electronics

Data logging and poor mans Edash

(1/1)

larrym:
So I log what I can on TunerPro thru my gen ll translator. I wanted to log passes at the track and didn't want a laptop stand. I picked up an Acer Iconia W3-810 8" tablet that runs windows 8 fits in the dash perfect. I configured a little Edash with boost afr and rpm.
Genll does not read knock but I can set me SES light to flash when it sees a preset amount of retard.

http://youtu.be/cbhIHINkHOA

Probably work well with a power logger too but I'm not familiar with that software.

Steve Wood:
Neat! Powerlogger should work on it. Not much to get familiar with but a wealth of data to help you keep the engine together

larrym:
I'm just happy to get my lap top off the seat lol. I got the idea from the Droid ALDL software thats out there. The W3-810 is a windows based tablet a a few years old picked it up used for $100.00  64G so it can store a few logs and it fits in the dash perfect.
If I had it all to do again I would go with the power logger and bobs new gauge scan master does the power logger have a dash display in the software? I know some guys use TunerPro. With the SD2 chips so TunerPro must be able to pick up the data stream.

good2win22:
PL does have a guage display tab. I think it would work great on your little tablet. With the blue tooth of the new scan master guage and the the tablet, you could log the runs on both the guage and PL but you would be seeing the same data.  It would kinda make the scanmaster useless and not needed. PL uses the space bar to start recording the run. Not sure how that would work with your tablet...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version