Author Topic: Power Master Motor  (Read 1930 times)

Offline smokin-6

• 87 T
  • Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Power Master Motor
« on: November 08 2013, 12:20:58 PM »
My brake light came on while I was driving and about 5 minutes later I got the dreaded hard pedal. My car has 80,000 miles. When I got home I was able to take a look. The 30amp fuse blew so I replaced it and turned the key. The motor ran for about 17 seconds and I sat there for 15 minutes and the motor never ran after that, so I assumed no internal leaks. I then applied the brakes 3 times and the light came on and the fuse was blown. My motor was most likely trashed from running non stop (I assume). I had a spare motor (from 42,000 mile car) and a new pressure sensor on hand. My accumulator is new (6ys) with only 3000 miles on it.

I installed the used motor and it ran and sounded fine. It does run on every 1 to 2 brake applications. Before it (old motor) would run every 2-3. I then replaced the pressure switch and the same senario. The motor runs 4-6 seconds per cycle.

Does this sound like my accumulator ball is not doing what it should?
87 T Ported stock heads, 212/212 roller, stock block, ALKY, CAS V4, 6262, 3.5 MAF & Translator, new tranny w/ 9-11
Original owner

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Power Master Motor
« Reply #1 on: November 08 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
The 'pumps per cycle' thing is a byproduct of accumulator capacity.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
That's what it sounds like to me.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline smokin-6

• 87 T
  • Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10 2013, 08:11:21 AM »
So Earl, if my accumulator was supposed to do what it should it would be able to hold more fluid/pressure. Then when I hit the brakes it should assist with braking a few times until pressure is lost then the motor would kick in?

This sucks because I bought the accumulator new (off EBAY I think) and it only has 3000 miles on it. I drove it around yesterday and it feels fine but I feel the pedal click when the pump stops at least one to two applications.
87 T Ported stock heads, 212/212 roller, stock block, ALKY, CAS V4, 6262, 3.5 MAF & Translator, new tranny w/ 9-11
Original owner

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10 2013, 07:44:27 PM »
right. The greater capacity the accumulator has, the more pumps you get from it's internal storage.   Think of it like a piggy bank.  The motor fills it up until the gray switch says 'stop'.  The amount of pumps you get before refiring the motor is dependent on how much charge the ball has.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal