Author Topic: Cars running rich?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline TRICKSIXPA

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Shiny Parts Addict!
    • View Profile
Cars running rich?
« on: March 25 2014, 09:49:13 PM »
Couple things are bugging me. About the car since I got it back on the road after engine rebuild. First the BLM's have been in the 118 range while cruising. Maybe a bit rich.  Also the car is setup stock other than 42lb inj, adj FP reg, Hotwire kit and TT street chip.
Still have the tube going from the valve cover to the turbo inlet.
Well when I take the oil fill tube off there is a change in the motor runs a little rougher put it back on its fine. On my boost gauge when driving the vacuum is usually 15 right after giving it gas the vacuum drops down into the 20's and then climbs back to 15. Friend said I might have a vacuum leak?? Any thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't care What Congress does as long as they don't do it on the streets and scare the kids!!

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Cars running rich?
« Reply #1 on: March 26 2014, 11:35:59 AM »
Sounds normal to me.  Vacuum should behave like that...same as cruising down the road and you take your foot off the gas.  You should see a higher vacuum number.

If your idle o2s are around 800 when the car is warmed up after driving when you first come to a stop, then I would reduce the fuel pressure a couple of psi...say 41 with the hose off instead of the suggested 43 and see if that brings the blm back to something closer to 128.

Did not know anyone still had the tube to the valve cover installed :D
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TRICKSIXPA

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Shiny Parts Addict!
    • View Profile
Cars running rich?
« Reply #2 on: March 26 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
This WE4 is staying stock appearing. Not gonna be abusing her. I was driving on the highway last year when I lost power and oil pressure disappeared!!! I got a standard block and motor rebuilt. My old motor was already .040 over which I didn't know but was in the car when I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't care What Congress does as long as they don't do it on the streets and scare the kids!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal