Author Topic: Anybody have their Throttle get stuck!!!  (Read 2197 times)

Offline TRICKSIXPA

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Shiny Parts Addict!
    • View Profile
Anybody have their Throttle get stuck!!!
« on: November 13 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
Driving my GN yesterday back home was working on the WE4 this weekend. Went to get on the gas on an open road and the throttle went to the floor scared the living Crap out of me and was stuck. Glad the brakes are on the good side and there were no cars around. So I shifted down to Neutral and shut her down. Turned her back on and same. Turned the car off again let her roll back onto the shoulder and popped the hood. Checked the throttle cable and the bracket everything seemed fine. turned the car back on and it was running fine TPS .42 RPM fine I did notice IAC at 3-5 little low.
I have a spare TV cable I don't know if I should check there or a bad throttle cable. Any ideas?

I don't care What Congress does as long as they don't do it on the streets and scare the kids!!

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody have their Throttle get stuck!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13 2012, 08:56:45 AM »
My throttle didn't get stuck in such a sever manner, but it was def sticking.  Turned out to be my Cruise control cable as the throttle never made it back to a full resting position. this was in my case, and doubt its in yours.  Good luck

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13 2012, 09:15:07 AM »
Is the return spring in good working order? Also, pop off the cruise cable to see if this alleviates the problem.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline TRICKSIXPA

• Bone Stock
  • Shiny Parts Addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13 2012, 09:49:09 AM »
While the car was turned off on the side of the road I pulled the throttle bracket back and it came back to its normal postion. When I open the hood the Throttle looked Like it was in the right postion. Im going to take a look at the Cruise control and the vacuum hoses. All I know is it sucked and I don't want that to happen again.
I don't care What Congress does as long as they don't do it on the streets and scare the kids!!

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
Check and make sure that the linkage is not hanging up on the hose clamps for your up pipe also.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal