Author Topic: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12  (Read 63554 times)

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12
« Reply #90 on: January 12 2013, 09:22:53 AM »
gotta give it to you, hellobozo,
you keep on a truckin!   :icon_kidra:
I'm not very good at following the flow sometimes.
are you saying that you are now happy with your results with the fast xfi 2.0 and cals tune?
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline I Love Factory ECMs

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: -16
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
gotta give it to you, hellobozo,
you keep on a truckin!   :icon_kidra:
I'm not very good at following the flow sometimes.
are you saying that you are now happy with your results with the fast xfi 2.0 and cals tune?
Yes, for my combonation, Aftermarket ECU with pro Tune runs better -vs- Stock ECU/Translator Plus/Extender custom made chip/an a supposed Pro Tune of it all worth only 1/8 mile WOT time. 

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 13 2013, 12:43:32 AM »
Yes, for my combonation, Aftermarket ECU with pro Tune runs better -vs- Stock ECU/Translator Plus/Extender custom made chip/an a supposed Pro Tune of it all worth only 1/8 mile WOT time. 
Seriously (Not taking a jab like every body else) how do you explain the ALL them eleven second and faster cars on stock ECMs????????
My car is a BS car but still goes 114 in the 1/4 and friend of mines goes 10.80s in the 1/4 also with a stock ECM and chip. And his car/build is over 6 years old and doesn't miss a beat.         
Most talk about having thick skin but thats just BS.
This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 13 2013, 02:18:46 AM »
Seriously (Not taking a jab like every body else) how do you explain the ALL them eleven second and faster cars on stock ECMs? ??? ??? ?
My car is a BS car but still goes 114 in the 1/4 and friend of mines goes 10.80s in the 1/4 also with a stock ECM and chip. And his car/build is over 6 years old and doesn't miss a beat.       
Your exactly right!!! It's when you attempt the low 10.s high 9.0's it becomes a factor, Most all the stock ECM cars you read about are running exactly where you stated. (Very,Very few under 10.50,Fewer in the 9.9's,Never Heard of one in the 8.90's...)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #94 on: January 13 2013, 10:39:10 AM »
2011 Midwest Buick Challenge TSM finals

Walt has been 9.30's on a stock ecm and normally runs 9.50s in TSM on a stock ecm.  He has not sued anyone.

There are way more cars running in the tens on stock ecms than there are running any aftermarket fuel management system.

Most would agree that it is easier to run a RACE car in the Nines on an aftermarket system because of the flexibility of tuning as well as the speed of the computer. 
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13 2013, 10:40:25 AM »
 :popcorn:
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 13 2013, 04:36:36 PM »
2011 Midwest Buick Challenge TSM finals

Walt has been 9.30's on a stock ecm and normally runs 9.50s in TSM on a stock ecm.  He has not sued anyone.

There are way more cars running in the tens on stock ecms than there are running any aftermarket fuel management system.

Most would agree that it is easier to run a RACE car in the Nines on an aftermarket system because of the flexibility of tuning as well as the speed of the computer.
Who's tuning them??? Those are pro classes too,Most the people that like to drive there GN's instead of tow them around ain't that profisant to tune beyond the chips tune.   Did the racer Give the tuner person the entier car with free rain to add the best combontion a $8000 budget at that time could have? Then allow the same person on my dime to totaly rebuilt/re-tune 2 more 1/2 track gernades to solve the first problems? no, They built there car an had an had the motor built an it tuned professonily just like everyone else.I went to one shop for everything an got took. Ain't nobody sueing anyone when there muiltipul people involed in the build,it's scape goat city then. I'm now running into stock Ign. modual issues.  Stock's great for Stock car..

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #97 on: January 13 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
Walt tunes his.  Most us tune our own...it is not exactly rocket science tho it does take some common sense....
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14 2013, 01:59:21 AM »
Walt tunes his.  Most us tune our own...it is not exactly rocket science tho it does take some common sense....
Not science but there's a lot of trial an Errors if done totally alone vs rat packing.(Them people above been at this a Loooooong time like yourself), No cars the same,I took my car to Best Local shop for Perf. GN's with all his years of experience an own car . That was very costly..that only gave me 1/2 a car.  GN's aren't rocket science,true, but there levels of Performance each has a different learning curve. (my combo out performed KDK's curve ) I've read-up ,talked on the phone,an still learning the New curves. Am i going to be the next Duttwheiler.   Nope, nor do i wish to be.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14 2013, 02:46:09 PM »

Ya we are one of the "special" ones to.  :rock:

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16 2013, 12:33:55 AM »
Welp, before the New (but not new) dudes Banned by Six for discrimination/Jealousy an what ever else non-thread related you could add.... One last explanation on my Build issue while back...  Since i got time to kill (my Ign. module's still in shipping) an before things go somewhere they needn't (well while i was typing this, it went there...)  (buntch of JAFO's get FUBAR'ed)  People have by there own desire/hardheadedness/follow there leader, have blown my posts all out of proportion...  After 3 failed cam builds before due to Oil company's change in oiling/more spring pressures. in 90' ,i stored the car.  I was then Rooked by Bowling Green Customs Atl,GA,2000-2004 (he kept it 4 years), I just had brang my 87GN out of storage from 10 years.90'-00'  I had a fully machined,billet main,larger valve stock head. only forge trw pistons with flat tappet SP66 i want to say, motor machined by Boyde Coutenton,a highly credited NASCAR v8/v6 builder, $4200 number matching motor...  BGC got me for $14,000 to assemble/install/add chip/50lbs/te-48/at 15 psi no alky...with 2 days of only street driving,,Whiped Cam ... As before when i stored the car...(found out after the fact John was using my an other's money fraudulently)  I got on the phone/websites looking for Local Buick GN pro to rebuilt the motor,but go Rollor Cam..  I told Kevin at KDK what happened before,I told KDK to put Accels DFI on car... I quote Kevin ' You don't need that, With a translator an custom chip you can use the stock ECU " (Sounds Board Chat formilair don't it) So....with him being the """in mix/boards/the nationals going person"""" ,(but i wanting to loose the chips route because i wanted a upgraded Ign system,with lap top tuning i could learn later, ATR's,Eastern Perf,Conley's,then BGC's chips got old tech in my mind ).. I went "his" way,my dime, $8000..There goes the number matching motor...  Other then i picked the wrong person again like BGC, because with a custom made extender chip from Eric """for my combination"""",then tuned in more by KDK,It made 533rwhp on the dyno,But lost 3/4's its power just into 3rd gear, with my 3:50 9 inch 28x10 et streets,100MPH roughly..... Cottens Perf. was having the "" Exact "" same issue on a white car they had. """ AT THAT TIME """" So much so, the tranny out of that car got shipped to FL from Cottens shop an put in My Car.""" Same issue,""". So...Now that's two Pref. shops, sameish build,Same Issue's,Same type problem,Cars Miles Apart...(Yet you all comment, Do it yourself-it was wrong,If they above couldn't tune my car,i surly couldn't,It don't mean i should sale the car..that's just an asinine statement , i don't give-up on projects, i see them through....)   3 different trys of ASC Certified Mechanic 20 years at Pontiac with his own GN an web connections,Shop/Dyno...an Eric burning all the different chips...$30,000 in all, I came to the conclusion like i did with the whiped cam's....Loose the stockish part ECM,Generic chips,Loyal stock ECU swear buy shop user an go to an XFI unit like i wanted in the first place....(this where my hardhedness comes in, If the car been done My way from the start i could of never had the problem,I'll never know,but i listened to a ****Up to Date GN pro at that time****,in 2005,because i was coming fresh out of the gate again on GN info after now 14 years .aka i'm re-born...)  I have talked to 7 sec. Pros,(Which i prefer to leave nameless ,they do not need grief or BS. they been there before ),Read many many posts (Top end Spike,stock ECM,high RPM Knock) ,an I more then likely experienced "AT THAT TIME 2005ish" the same thing....No adding of anything from them could solve this..  With the XFI Unit in, Problem Solved....the Car now Pulls harder an harder way above 100mph. no drop in acceleration what so ever,No high rpm/mph knock .I heard BS3 fixed Cottens car...  Now as for me doing all this work myself, I'm only a light mech. an don't have space/lifts/Dyno/special tools to perform those jobs. I'm retired mobile auto detailer of 20 years aka Master Wax on Wax off (The people I've delt with, You Have no Idea... ) My money was hard worked for an it being thrown away like it has is BS... KDK was the last straw on that for how it transpired. 3 years wasted...   After that was the "TRZ" a-arms BS. I drive the car to""" there shop """,they said, "No problem,are bars will bolt right on".... After adding them at a muscle car place i found on-line 5 miles from me...The TRZ A-Arms Hit the Downpipe with there Arc's... That an the shop put " Dragrace Only ' aerospace brakes on my car after i expressly gave them the print out of Prostreet's with parking brake kit....$4400 the cars now un-driviable an i have it towed out. (I about came over both the guy's desk an made it Personal, But i reframed,if i ever snap, there #1 on the list)  The car then got flatbedded to ProFab in Tampa to fix everything an add BMR ( which was next door ) a-arms front to back...I fully gave up 1/4 mileing now.....an went all Handling...It's one way or the other if you want the most out of your GN.  The band-aided fix, from Lamotta's , the on there dyno Fresh build Piston pin fail , Fails , an the sleeve cracks...it was $13,000 bill from them to fix KDK's mess. But ,wound up in there mess instead,only got 2000 miles use...(Cal had issues with them later too)  Now, 2012 , i took the motor to buddie mine (which happens to be the Fastest man at the street nationals, 3 years running now,not in GN though,works at machine shop) Got brand new 109 an put my internals in it...car went into paint for the first time ever Dec.11'....  Now I'm just working out some restore an 80's regal bugs,an i should be on the road....  No Machine issues,No Tune Issues,No Suspension issues,New paint body bushings....10 years time frame building,you can do the math on the cost...LOL  In the End ,if you got the time/space/materials/education/trailer/tow vehicle , hell yea,do it all at your house...the cost savings only in labor though,.....add your shop/storage unit cost (if went that route),tools,parts,fluid recycling ,time out your life-non-Buick related don't come cheap.  Not everyone has that "luxury" an has to outsource. Outsourcing can pay off or wreck you all depending on the place you find an there experience in Buick GN's...most shops won't even touch a GN because there to difficult.....  So, the Elephant in the room is.......  What's the **Maximum HP** achievable on stock/mod. factory GM ECU ???  What's the limit,Everything has a limit in design strength/electronics programing/an the infant mortality rate.  (or is this one those CIA questions...ak a you'll just have to find out on your own an die trying ...Read the entire above over slower again then ,I have died)  I'm trying to Save Buick GN owners from my down falls, Experience/Too New Tech/Shop Exp. Fails/Crooks  The More GN's on the road's my desire, Not ripping in to Current Owners..Especi ally original owners that have more knowledge on full ,any time of day,night or weather ,drivable Street Cars....  It's a whole lot harder building a autocross car then it is a Towed 1/4 mile car...That's why most go the drag racing route. Each have there place in my world as long as there Buick powered...   Banned for the my experiences in Buick GN on Buick Board, Reminds me of a Aol romance singles room i got banned from for sexualy explicit chat.......... ...lol.... the Net for you...get all types...

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16 2013, 03:08:20 PM »
Nobody has an Elephant answer??.....Nobody ??? just immature comments...(that says volumes),live an learn, but not in this boards case, Explains all the posts dieing off after 2010. 
You all Enjoy...

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16 2013, 03:29:46 PM »
Who can even read that blather?
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16 2013, 03:55:09 PM »
What is an elephant answer?
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
I have to admit, that last statement got me laughing. Lol. Banned from a romance singles room!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal