Author Topic: A/C wiring question  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Jordan_J

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
A/C wiring question
« on: December 19 2010, 11:58:53 AM »
While redoing a bunch of wiring under the hood of my car I cut one of the wires coming off the A/C compressor for some reason a long time ago and can't remember where it was supposed to go. I fixed my AC but need to make sure the wiring is straight and need to get it recharged first however I need to find where this wire goes.

It comes off the high pressure switch on the back of the compressor there are two wires  I have them covered with a loom at the moment but it looks like they both tie into the green and black connector on the front of the compressor with the diode.

Anyway the wire that is cut comes out of the loom off of some other wire and that switch and both get soldered together and turn into one wire and it's that one wire that's cut. I might have cut it from the factory radiator fan wiring when I did my dual fan setup but I'm not sure. Could it just be a ground?

Here are some pics I can get better ones later if needed.

The switch wires

The end of the single wire here is what I need to connect.
87 Turbo T - 4.1 484 block bored .030 over, Champion ported irons with ported intake, RJC power plate, Elgin 214/224 cam, 6776 turbo with RJC boost controller, stretched SLIC, 3\" THDP, Pypes dual exhaust, 4\" MAF pipe with 14\" K&N and Z06 MAF, 60# Mototrons, hot wired Walbro 340 with KB-BAP, Translator Gen 2 and Extender Extreme chip, Mike Kurtz built 200-4r, PPC 3200 stall, UMI upper and lower control arms, passenger side airbag, any hydroboosted.

20# Boost at 20* timing on 93 octane. No track times yet.

Alky install in progress.

Offline WE4_Roller

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
Re: A/C wiring question
« Reply #1 on: December 19 2010, 05:34:51 PM »
The ground wire on that rear switch is spliced into other factory wiring and yes it's the coolant fan wire splice S170.

The rear high pressure cutout switch is normally closed which provides ground to Pin B of the compressor clutch connector that has the diode wiring on it also.  Yhay's what the second wire out of that switch connects to.

Offline Jordan_J

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19 2010, 06:30:27 PM »
So does the left side of the wire in the 2nd pic go to ground then?
87 Turbo T - 4.1 484 block bored .030 over, Champion ported irons with ported intake, RJC power plate, Elgin 214/224 cam, 6776 turbo with RJC boost controller, stretched SLIC, 3\" THDP, Pypes dual exhaust, 4\" MAF pipe with 14\" K&N and Z06 MAF, 60# Mototrons, hot wired Walbro 340 with KB-BAP, Translator Gen 2 and Extender Extreme chip, Mike Kurtz built 200-4r, PPC 3200 stall, UMI upper and lower control arms, passenger side airbag, any hydroboosted.

20# Boost at 20* timing on 93 octane. No track times yet.

Alky install in progress.

Offline WE4_Roller

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
That would depend upon where the two right side wires went to?   :question;

Assuming one is the A/C switch and the other was for the cooling fan,  then yes the third connection at the splice would go directly to ground.

I'm assuming on the locations all those wires go to however,  all I see in the pic. is a splice and 3 black wires.

According to what I see in the manual it went all the way back to one of the grounds behind the pass. side head.

G120.

Offline WE4_Roller

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
That would depend upon where the two right side wires went to?   :question;

Assuming one is the A/C switch and the other was for the cooling fan,  then yes the third connection at the splice would go directly to ground.

I'm assuming on the locations all those wires go to however,  all I see in the pic. is a splice and 3 black wires.

According to what I see in the manual it went all the way back to one of the grounds behind the pass. side head.

G120.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal