Author Topic: powerlogging!  (Read 15414 times)

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #15 on: July 30 2016, 10:26:34 AM »
Lots to take in with these response's thank you.
Fuel was 94 and ALKY
WB is sensor is new the narrow band is a few years old it's a Denso and while driving the voltage is all over cross counts clime steady.
The chip is burned for 25/23 and 23 psi and alky both my scan tool and the powerlogger do not see 3rd but 4th does show when it's in overdrive.
As for the battery it loses its charge quickly when I was hooking up the powerlogger and installing it with interior lights on and then trying to connect it there was not enough juice to start it. I had a but of an issue with the drivers and windows 8 took me a little while.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: powerlogging!
« Reply #16 on: July 30 2016, 10:33:06 AM »
I always thot Eric ran 20 degrees for his alky chip...unless someone asked for that much default timing when they ordered it. What PSI does your alky come on at?
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #17 on: July 30 2016, 10:40:45 AM »
Alky comes on around 8 psi Full on at 18 psi
It feels good and the initial retard is gone right away. I could drop the turn on point if it continues to be a problem this just works well for part throttle low boost I get a rich stubble if the turn on point is too low.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
Best ET 11.36

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30 2016, 10:46:36 AM »
Just a theory I have. The 1st gear KR might be real with 25 degrees timing. With that much timing and 94...it might be timing knock...and the alky coming on made it taper off. Just a theory. If you're convinced it's an alky chip...and not a copy...then I'd adjust the timing to 22/20 and try it again...with a fresh battery.

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #19 on: July 30 2016, 10:55:43 AM »
And maybe a new narrow band.
Brad do your logs show 3rd gear and the change of timing from 1-2 to 3rd
Best ET 11.36

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 30 2016, 10:56:46 AM »
I'm giving up on this one...I need a score card to follow this stuff
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30 2016, 10:59:51 AM »
Yes...and yes. Bring up the gauge panel...and push your right arrow key on your device. You can watch everything in real time...or one frame at a time. You can go back in the log with the left key.

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #22 on: July 30 2016, 11:07:16 AM »
No Steve no !
Thanks Brad so I have another VB here I will take the 4th switch and swap it with the third and replace the 4th gear switch since I know that one works. New battery and pull some timing and report back.
Best ET 11.36

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30 2016, 11:41:52 AM »
Eric's "alky" chip is usually burned for 23/21* timing in default
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #24 on: July 30 2016, 12:23:28 PM »
Larry, I learned a long time ago not to waste my time trying to tune a car that obviously has problems.  I am fixing to be 75 and I have better things to do with the time I have left :D

Your wide band does not agree with itself and it does not agree with the narrow band.

Your battery is bad so we don't know how that affects the total equation.  Whether you have a voltage problem, or you don't-we know things are not quite right.

You are running a race chip apparently burnt for straight gas instead of alky and we know it has too much timing for most situations.  It also throws more fuel for much higher boost throughout the rpm range whereas an alky chip pulls fuel out throughout the range, typically runs less timing, and plays tricks with the timing onset to prevent transitional knock.

So, as I said, I am sitting this one out :)  Brad is younger, has more recent tuning experience, and obviously has more patience than I do :D 

Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30 2016, 01:37:49 PM »
What baffles me is this. I see peoples sigs...and they've spent a ton of money on 'cool guy' stuff...but won't pay a couple of bucks for something like Erics chip. I've stated to one of the new guys that there's zero room for error with these cars...and I mean zero. It's absolutely imperative that Erics chip be burned for your exact combination... and your desired max boost level.

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #26 on: July 30 2016, 03:08:50 PM »
Thanks all
New battery in hand pressure switch and NB I hope to have it all together today an see what I can do with what I got my only race of the year next week and with my GEN2 at Bob's I have begged borrowed and stole parts to get me to the races. Borrowed chip regular translator same with the powerlogger
Best ET 11.36

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #27 on: July 30 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
I do like the powerlogger might not give it back lol
I never would have known about the pressure switch with out it. Eric replied and if the computer does not see 3rd it will maintain the timing programmed for 1-2
What this means is with the gen2 I use when I had it programmed for 19 degrees the ExtenderG chip adds 2 degrees in 1-2 so I was running 21 degrees 1-2-3
Once I have it all back together I will pull a couple degrees over all and add wee bit 1-2
Best ET 11.36

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30 2016, 06:41:46 PM »
Larry, if I'm reading that PL file correctly...yo u're letting out of it in 2nd at 5 grand...correc t?

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #29 on: July 30 2016, 06:49:25 PM »
No that's 3rd it thinks it's in second I did have one log that down shifted to second.
I tested the new and the old pressure switch and the old was leaking I wonder what that was doing to the line pressure in 3rd.
« Last Edit: July 30 2016, 06:53:37 PM by larrym »
Best ET 11.36

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal