Author Topic: Anyone have an injector flow test machine  (Read 2449 times)

Offline xracerx13

• NOT
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • First Methanol Kits
    • View Profile
    • Joe Tripodi's 1987 Buick Regal Limited T
Anyone have an injector flow test machine
« on: January 15 2022, 05:04:59 PM »
Wondering if anyone on the board has an injector flow test machine and is willing to check them.
I have some Siemens 60's I need flow tested as I bought them used and was told they had been cleaned about 1000 miles ago but I need peace of mind.
Joe Tripodi 87 Limited T
TA49@25psi, Axis w/chip, LS1 MAF, 60lb Inj, Comp 980s, BGC 23r SLIC, Jay Jackson 62mm TB, RJC PowerPlate, Walbro 307, volt boost 15.8V, Type II ign, Race tranny, 2800 stall, 3" THDP, Pypes 3" SS/Dynomax Ultra-Flos, Meth Inj staged 2 nozzle M5/M10, SS Lift bars, MT ET drags.

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have an injector flow test machine
« Reply #1 on: January 15 2022, 10:29:45 PM »
Wondering if anyone on the board has an injector flow test machine and is willing to check them.
I have some Siemens 60's I need flow tested as I bought them used and was told they had been cleaned about 1000 miles ago but I need peace of mind.
If you go to https://www.turbobuick.com, and contact Chuck Leeper
He did mine 60# injectors as he check them out, clean them with new oil rings and also gave a before and after flow chart
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 16 2022, 11:45:23 AM »
Read the reviews and it might not last long
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16 2022, 12:05:03 PM »
I've read reviews elsewhere and it seems to be a decent unit for cleaning and general testing. It's not going to flow accurately on any decent-sized injector as the pump can't keep up. Of course, they've probably gone to shit since I was looking quite some time ago. 
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16 2022, 12:39:36 PM »
When one of the locals watered the gas tank in my GN I took the injectors to a buddy who raced the turbo'd Hayabusa. He had a small ultrasonic cleaner. Threw them in overnite and they were fine. Think he spent about 100 bucks on it. He used it for old injectors that were plugged and they worked after.
« Last Edit: January 16 2022, 01:15:41 PM by Scoobum »
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16 2022, 01:14:29 PM »
I can recommend Injection Connection. They test every injector that comes in. He told me, the worst thing for his business was to rebuild good injectors.
I shipped my original GN injectors to him. All six failed at least one of his 3 tests. He said replacement for originals had not been available for decades. He rebuilt all. One of my guys has used him for some time. Large injectors.

Offline xracerx13

• NOT
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • First Methanol Kits
    • View Profile
    • Joe Tripodi's 1987 Buick Regal Limited T
« Reply #7 on: January 16 2022, 03:13:21 PM »
I finally got the info I needed on the siemens 60lb  injectors from the original purchaser.
I did my research and found him on my own but it took a while for him to respond.
They first guy originally purchased them as a flow matched set around 2008 and never cleaned them before he sold them.
He said also that the car was not heavily used so they don't have a shit ton of miles on them.
He told me he included the sales receipt with all the flow details to the 2nd guy.

The 2nd guy I bought them from lied and told me they were cleaned before he bought them. Said he never got any paper work for them. Wouldn't give me the guys name he bought them from. Said his name maybe was Chad which it wasn't. Some excuses included that he couldn't go back on Paypal far enough to Oct.2020 which I found out I could go back to Jan 2019 and also that all his emails were recently deleted. He didn't know who I was I guess.

Lesson learned I should have just bought them new and gone with my gut since I never buy used stuff.
BUT
One good thing though is that they are flow matched and came with a perfectly matched 5.7 TT chip for my configuration all shipped for only $215.
A little savings but I didn't need the headache.
Talked to Eric about the chip and got all the details about it and I only need to re-install one MAF screen.

I'm gonna send them to chuck for cleaning, and new filters and O-rings which is included with the cleaning.
Joe Tripodi 87 Limited T
TA49@25psi, Axis w/chip, LS1 MAF, 60lb Inj, Comp 980s, BGC 23r SLIC, Jay Jackson 62mm TB, RJC PowerPlate, Walbro 307, volt boost 15.8V, Type II ign, Race tranny, 2800 stall, 3" THDP, Pypes 3" SS/Dynomax Ultra-Flos, Meth Inj staged 2 nozzle M5/M10, SS Lift bars, MT ET drags.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal