Author Topic: Oil return line  (Read 19131 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Oil return line
« Reply #30 on: February 21 2015, 08:24:57 AM »
A quote from Bison. I would want minimum internal cross section of a half inch at the drain flange where the oil is aerated. A -10 fitting usually needs to be opened up to work properly.

Larry...contac t Jack Cotton...as he has been selling Turbonetics turbos for ages...and still does. He will be able to tell you what ET to expect with that turbo with your mods.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21 2015, 12:34:56 PM »
Yeah I bought this from Jack, thats where I will get the correct return line from....
Its a good match to my converter my only concern is our dollar right now add 25% to anything south of the border so a brand new unit is out of my grasp at this point.

Here is a quote from installation instructions by Turbonetics

"Turbonetics General Installation Guidelines
 The turbocharger seals located at the compressor and turbine ends of the turbocharger have a primary purpose to keep pressurized air/exhaust gases from entering the turbocharger and then the crankcase. The fact that they also help control oil from entering the compressor and turbine housings is secondary. The oil entering the turbocharger is pressure fed from the engine but relies on gravity to return it back to the engine. Any restrictions in the oil drain will cause the oil to backup inside the turbocharger and be forced past the seals so it’s very important the oil returning from the turbocharger to the engine is free flowing with no restrictions. It is also important that the oil enters the crankcase above the oil level. Oil leakage from the turbocharger seals can be caused from and number of conditions, below are the most common. 1. Excess engine cranks case pressure A. due to poor crankcase ventilation like a plugged or improperly working PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) system or an open port from the intake manifold to the crankcase. B. Excessive engine blow by due to worn engine components 2. Too small of an oil return line, preferably ¾” to 1” minimum inside diameter"
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline larrym

• View Profile
Oil return line
« Reply #32 on: February 21 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
Yeah 10 AN is not enough put on my buddy's stock return line all is good.
Now all I gotta do is contact cottons for a replacement.
It's not smoking or leaking I think the Turbo will be fine.
Beat on it a little to seat the rings all is good so far.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
Best ET 11.36

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21 2015, 06:26:19 PM »
Seen a few turbo problems on the other board caused by drain back issues. M233ROLLER on the other board may have a return line...and prolly cheaper than Cottons. Post on here for one...good group of guys here that can be trusted. :)
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline larrym

• View Profile
Oil return line
« Reply #34 on: February 21 2015, 06:28:49 PM »
Mike is a good guy I'll check with him.
Best ET 11.36

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21 2015, 07:38:23 PM »
I've got a spare stock drain line if you want it.  Not sure what it's worth.  Make an offer if you like
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline larrym

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the offer Jason  :)

New ones $80.00 if you you will mail it to Canada I'll give you $50.00 if its in good shape.
Best ET 11.36

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22 2015, 12:37:08 AM »
I pulled it off the barn motor when I tore it down about a year ago.  I'll dig it out tomorrow and give it a once over and clean it up if it's in good shape.  Haven't figured out how to post pics in a message via this board, so I'll post some to this thread if you don't mind.  Shipping to CA actually isn't that bad especially something this small, so if you decide you want it after seeing the pics, I'll send it on out
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
easiest to use imgur.com for uploads then just stick in the link here
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline larrym

• View Profile
Oil return line
« Reply #39 on: March 18 2015, 01:48:04 AM »
Thanks Jason! Return line arrived safe and sound!
Best ET 11.36

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal