Author Topic: USA ask Toyota where these ISIS trucks came from  (Read 2828 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
USA ask Toyota where these ISIS trucks came from
« on: October 07 2015, 03:56:08 PM »

Countless news videos and social media posts show Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists driving around in what appear to be new Toyota trucks.

The U.S. has asked Toyota to explain how hundreds, if not thousands, of the ubiquitous white pickups ended up in enemy hands.

ABC News tells us “Toyota Hilux pickups, an overseas model similar to the Toyota Tacoma, and Toyota Land Cruisers have become fixtures in videos of the ISIS campaign in Iraq, Syria and Libya, with their truck beds loaded with heavy weapons and cabs jammed with terrorists.”

http://newstome.blog.ajc.com/2015/10/07/u-s-asks-toyota-to-explain-why-isis-has-so-many-new-trucks/
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: USA ask Toyota where these ISIS trucks came from
« Reply #1 on: October 07 2015, 05:33:31 PM »
That's a good question!  Every terrorist and Icehole seems to have a Toyota truck.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07 2015, 08:02:59 PM »
That's a good question!  Every terrorist and Icehole seems to have a Toyota truck.

Which is why we bought 'Merican.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline gordyzx9r

• PSI: 0
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13 2015, 01:50:43 PM »
When I was in Afghanistan that's how we paid the locals sometimes...wi th trucks, they didn't want cash and we wouldn't give them weapons, not even confiscated weapons.  But those policies changed along with the ROE each week. 
« Last Edit: October 13 2015, 02:07:55 PM by gordyzx9r »

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13 2015, 04:59:31 PM »
When I was in Afghanistan that's how we paid the locals sometimes...wi th trucks, they didn't want cash and we wouldn't give them weapons, not even confiscated weapons.  But those policies changed along with the ROE each week.

Did you supply them with Toyota trucks?

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
I honesty don't remember what make/models they were...just that they were white.  Afghanistan was a weird place in OEF1 depending on what part of the country you were in at the time.  Kandahar was on complete lockdown, no locals allowed on base whatsoever.  Bahgram was the complete opposite...it was the Wild West.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13 2015, 07:15:53 PM »
And Iraq was completely different...th ey wanted cash, specifically US dollars.  A number of US people got in lots trouble over there because of greed.  In the early days guys were given a lot of leeway in arranging contracts with locals to come on the bases to do various jobs (bring in gravel, construction, electrical work, etc....which always made me wonder where were the Army engineers). They were called contracting officers and they were given lots of cash without a whole lot of oversight and some of them tried to steal it.  It's not like the Iraqis contractors took checks or paypal...nor did they write invoices.

Like this guy:  In a federal indictment in March 2009, prosecutors alleged that Nguyen managed to skim more than $690,000 in cash while acting as the civil-affairs officer responsible for overseeing millions of dollars intended for reconstruction projects and payments to private Iraqi security forces northeast of Baghdad.

Some others:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/05/u_s_troops_have_stolen_tens_of_millions_in_iraq_and_afghanistan_center_for.html

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/08/17/ex-officer-accused-of-stealing-100k-while-in-iraq.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/army_captain_accused_of_steali.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockerham_bribery_case

But to the trucks, I never really saw a lot of trucks like that in Iraq.  In the south it was lots of white cars with orange doors everywhere (taxis), and up north...the closer you got to Dahuk or further east to Irbil you started seeing the BMWs, Mercedes, Saabs, etc.  The Kurds were living much better than the Arabs in the south.  Complete contrast in Afghanistan, white pick up trucks everywhere...a nd big, mean ass dogs.  I don't know what kind of dog they were but they'd charge a hovering helicopter with no fear.   

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13 2015, 10:24:42 PM »
I can back up Gordy's story.  In 2005, I made 2 trips out of Baghdad to falujah hauling 109 million dollars. All cash.  All in potatoe sacks.  Hold on let me find the pic. Nothing but cash in those sacks.  6 man marine security detail with us on trip. We dumped the bags right out the back of the chinook in falujah.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
Jebus!
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14 2015, 07:59:23 PM »
Could have bought ALL the GNX's :)
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15 2015, 09:45:24 AM »
The amount of wasted money is astounding.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal