Author Topic: Mini cross border shipping rant.  (Read 2830 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Mini cross border shipping rant.
« on: January 03 2019, 10:31:42 AM »
Y'all know I usually ship to the border town and pick it up, been doing this for so long I almost forgot why.
 Got reminded recently:
Needed a couple of small things from one of the big/less popular Gbody vendors,  under $50USD total .Let them Fedex to me since I wanted to finish the gas tank/hanger/lines project, So $43 to send it Fedex.
Two months later Fedex send me a bill for the brokerage and HST, close to $50. Wife pays it online.

They don't credit it to my account and send two more collection notices.Wife spends a hour on the phone with Fedex accounting- tracing and applying the payment to our bill
Sheesh...

-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Mini cross border shipping rant.
« Reply #1 on: January 03 2019, 02:34:34 PM »
I still don't know what NAFTA does.    What part of ''free trade'' has this shit in it.

It used to be sooooo easy to ship to Canadia. It was the same thing only about $1 or $2 more money.

....then they made it better.

'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03 2019, 03:16:32 PM »
I recently ordered a $20 part and by the time I got it with shipping and there was COD on the shipment which ended up costing me $80!!  They said I could send the part back.
Many years ago Kenne Bell sent me the wrong injectors.  I sent the old ones back and told him to take care of the paper work for the exchange.  He said, "No problem!"  I was like, good.  Then I get my right injectors and get an invoice for $120.  I call Kenne, he makes a phone call, then the invoice is $30.  Phone Kenne again and finally an invoice for $0.  UPS then drops off my injectors, no charge.
Weeks later I get a collection agent threatening me to pay $120!  I explain that I had paid and return the wrong item in exchange for the right one.  And mentioned that UPS only dropped the item off when NO money was owing.  The dingbat said, "You still have to pay the taxes on it."  I told her I did and if I paid again I would be paying twice for only one product!!! :013: :013: :013:

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03 2019, 07:44:36 PM »
This is totally pathetic 😡
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03 2019, 08:23:41 PM »
I sent some stuff to Germany a few weeks back. Same scene,shipping more than the parts cost. Worst part is the guy sent the money in PayPal. So now I have to figure out how to get it out and use it.
How come i can't get pix to upload any more? Am I doing it wrong some how?

Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03 2019, 09:33:44 PM »
Best is to just buy some parts you need and use the paypal balance

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04 2019, 08:38:56 AM »
I sent some stuff to Germany a few weeks back. Same scene,shipping more than the parts cost. Worst part is the guy sent the money in PayPal. So now I have to figure out how to get it out and use it.
How come i can't get pix to upload any more? Am I doing it wrong some how?

Most of the time I leave the balance in paypal but if it's a big ticket item, I transfer to my bank account.  It takes a few days to move over to the bank but not a big deal
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04 2019, 11:48:03 AM »

Most of the time I leave the balance in paypal but if it's a big ticket item, I transfer to my bank account.  It takes a few days to move over to the bank but not a big deal

You can get a debit card from paypal for instant access (and 1% cash back).
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04 2019, 12:01:01 PM »
I guess I have to figure our how to use it. I buy off ebay pretty frequently but just put in the card number/info and I think it pays seller through PayPal. Works pretty good that way. I rarely sell. If I can't use it I give it or pitch it.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
If you buy more than you sell, just use paypal to pay when you hit the checkout button.

I'm sure that'll be around for a while. Ebay just started taking money themselves to cut paypal out of the picture.  I have no idea how they are doing it, but they are intercepting paypal payments and putting them directly in to my checking account now.

Paypal is about to lose many many billions over this.

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04 2019, 09:51:47 PM »
ebay (who still owns them at this point):After the existing eBay-PayPal agreement ends in 2020, PayPal will remain a payment option for shoppers on eBay, but it won’t be prominently featured ahead of debit and credit card options as it is today. PayPal will cease to process card payments for eBay at that time."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal