Author Topic: A/C compressor changed by a competent mechanic, but now the car won't start  (Read 1692 times)

Offline kjhansen

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
The subject line about covers it, but here's the backstory. The clutch on the A/C compressor locked up.  I disconnected the pressure switch so i wouldn't accidently turn the A/C on while driving (not that I would, but just to be careful) and drove the car fine for a couple of weeks (good mechanics around here are booked out a couple of weeks). Took it to the mechanic and he disconnected the battery then removed the compressor and replaced it, reconnected the battery, then went to start it up to recharge the system and it wouldn't start. I'm not at the shop, as the shop is now closed and I just got his voice mail.  Does anything come to mind?  Like, could he have bumped and disconnected or broken a sensor? I've used this shop many times before and they are honest, competent and friendly--in fact, my daughter's neighbors.  They have an excellent reputation.  So I know they're not trying to scam me. I need to have the car running before Saturday. I've printed out the no-start article from here, but thought I'd see if anybody had any ideas.
Keith 

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
No start as in cranks but wont start or you turn the key and you get nothing?
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline kjhansen

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
It was the ECM wire.  He'd disconnected it and forgotten to put it back on.  I called him this morning but he'd figured it out already.
Thanks for your input.
Keith

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
That was going to be my suggestion once you answered Ed's question.  Glad it is running again
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal