Author Topic: well.. i'm back! again... no really i am!  (Read 4702 times)

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: -1
    • View Profile
well.. i'm back! again... no really i am!
« on: August 15 2013, 01:18:19 AM »
hey guys! whats the good word? things got a bit crazy for a while. business is doing fantastic (knock on wood) and taking up 90% of my time. I've became super involved with my brother and his race car. for those of you who don't know.. its a 03 vw GTI. nasty little bastard. last time out we did a 1st-3rd gear pass. god awful 60' (1.87), the car went 10.17 and trapped 150.

let me start by saying I have NOT abandoned my buick.. at all. she is still sitting in storage and ready for paint/resto. the only thing left in the interior is the headliner, plastics and door panels. got super super lucky.. no rust.. well... almost none. the passanger side you can eat off the floor. the drivers side has a pea sized rot hold and about a 3 inch crack down the pan but nothing terrible.  right now the car is on hold. its started up regurally and fires like it was ran yesterday. i'm starting a new project (I hope tomorrow...). however, and I never thought i'd say this.. its not gm... nor American. I went to the biggest VW race with my brother and had a blast. the people he races with are cool people and its good racing!  I was scheduled to make some passes in my brothers car but, to be honest.. it scares the crap out of me. the FWD thing is a hand full.  so.. I now on a 944 Porsche. it will be powered by a 12v VR6 with a 71mm turbo. (this week its precision... next it might be borg... ). I have a custom plate to mate the vr to a TH350. the cage is ordered and now we have to do the fab work.

anyway, just wanted to say hello.. haven't talked to many of you in a long while.. well.. chris (top speed), and sean from time to time. as you could imagine i'm huge in to facebook.  :rolleyes; feel free to add me! Rob Pauciullo <---- me look forward to hearing form you guys again.
87 GN- :D
2011 Jeep Liberty.. its trail rated!

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: well.. i'm back! again... no really i am!
« Reply #1 on: August 15 2013, 05:38:26 AM »
BOID!!!! Long time no see man.  I'd been away for a while myself.  Good to hear that you are having fun and doing well.  I don't plan on going away again...ever.  Hopefully you'll hang around too.  I wonder who will show up next.....Super freak????  Familyman??? Zap??? TurobTim??? 

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15 2013, 06:53:17 AM »
Welcome back Rob. Glad things are going well. I catch your speed bumps with the truck every once in a while on Facebook. Maybe our paths will cross someday at Englishtown. :cheers:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 15 2013, 10:22:45 AM »
hey, Boid! :)
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
BOID!!!! Long time no see man.  I'd been away for a while myself.  Good to hear that you are having fun and doing well.  I don't plan on going away again...ever.  Hopefully you'll hang around too.  I wonder who will show up next.....Super freak????  Familyman??? Zap??? TurobTim??? 
NW! How's it going? Still got the American bull dog? That would be great if they showed up. I kept in touch with zap via fb. However i have not heard from him in a long while.

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
Welcome back Rob. Glad things are going well. I catch your speed bumps with the truck every once in a while on Facebook. Maybe our paths will cross someday at Englishtown. :cheers:
gary I do complain more then I should (see fb in 20 min of these people don't hurry. ) most of the time it's the damn deer that keep running in front of me. Right now the score is: 2 deer, a turkey, 5 birds and a corolla.

You should try to go down to the World Cup in nov. it's at MIR. we are planning on bein there with the gti but we are having ecu problems.

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15 2013, 10:48:40 AM »
hey, Boid! :)

Steve how is everything? What are you working on?

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 15 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
Mainly the Challenger and an old CJ5 that I bought this spring

too damned hot to work most fo the time, tho
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15 2013, 12:48:33 PM »
Hey Rob, good to see your spellchecker is working :rock:   
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
BOID!!!! Long time no see man.  I'd been away for a while myself.  Good to hear that you are having fun and doing well.  I don't plan on going away again...ever.  Hopefully you'll hang around too.  I wonder who will show up next.....Super freak?  Familyman??? Zap??? TurobTim??? 
NW! How's it going? Still got the American bull dog? That would be great if they showed up. I kept in touch with zap via fb. However i have not heard from him in a long while.

My best friend (American Bulldog) passed away Boid.  It devastated the entire family.  He had an issue with his heart that the vet told us would be OK if we didn't over exert him.  He passed away in his sleep peacefully.  He wasn't that old but at least he went without pain or suffering.  Being as stupid as I am I picked up another one.  This guy's heart seems unstoppable.  Got him from a Buick guy too.  The vet is impressed with his build and health.  He is almost 2 now and weighs 97lbs....all muscle.  Spoiled rotten and  Boid, he might be smarter than me. :O

His name is Cam.

Offline TWIN86GNS

• My car is almost ready!!!!
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
Boid,

Good to hear from you.  It sounds like your brother really has the GTi hauling the mail, congratulation s.  Do you still have your PitBull?

Nasty Wendy,

Nice looking dog, I now have 2 American Bulldogs but I still wish I could get an American Staffordshire Terrier in Ontario again.   :(
Paul Beal
beal_paul@yahoo.ca

1986 GN  #1,  11.38 @ 120.25 mph  with a 1.501 60'
1986 GN  #2,  13.25 @ 102.95 mph with a 2.086 60'

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15 2013, 06:57:57 PM »
I see all of Rob's complaining on Facebook everyday.  Welcome back!!!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15 2013, 08:59:41 PM »
great... knew you'd show up..  :rolleyes;   :cheers:

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15 2013, 09:11:56 PM »
paul,

like i said we're working out electrical issues with the car now. the car is slowly (very slowly) coming into its own. after the electrical issue we need to find a way to stop the car. he's getting major brake fade and having to pull the chute. start of the year he had a real hard time controlling the car. the slicks, fwd and low air pressure he said the car was more of a hand full then anything to drive. had the car corner balanced and it almost goes dead straight. here are 2 videos of the 10.17 pass. sorry this was a "full" pass but the car was not turned up in 4th gear. having 2 problems still. cant get the car to 60' its bogging.. and the manifold wont build boost, has to stay on the 2 step for 6 seconds.

Stevebilt's gti going 10.17@150

Stevebilts GTI 10.17@150MPH @ Afterfest!

also.. no pit.. boxer! she's gonna be 6 this oct. she's a hand full but she's an excelent dog. she's a big pissed she dont come to work with me as much as she used to. where i go there is coyotes. hope to god i get this new run going south then she'll be coming with me full time again. i'll post pics from my phone.

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15 2013, 09:14:30 PM »
nw, that sucks man! so sorry to hear that. i'm on almost every boxer site on facebook and read about new heart conditions every day. it blows and reading some of the stories make you feel helpless.   glad to see everything is working out with the new one. he's a good looking dog. looks like a real clown!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal