Author Topic: Racer X  (Read 2525 times)

DCEPTCN

Racer X
« on: August 02 2005, 06:31:53 PM »
You going to the Silver State Classic again anytime soon? I think I've got permission from the ball and chain to go to the earlier one next year.....not to compete, just to go.

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
Re: Racer X
« Reply #1 on: August 02 2005, 06:43:38 PM »
No. I will not race that event again until they straighten out their shit. They used to have a life flight chopper and better communication. They have taken all of that away. I know that doesn't sound like much, but *if* you wad up your car at 170 mph+ and they don't see you they can't save you.

I am seriously thinking about going to Vegas to see the Buick nats in October though.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

DCEPTCN

« Reply #2 on: August 02 2005, 06:48:02 PM »
Quote from: "Racer X @ Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:43 pm"
No. I will not race that event again until they straighten out their shit. They used to have a life flight chopper and better communication. They have taken all of that away. I know that doesn't sound like much, but *if* you wad up your car at 170 mph+ and they don't see you they can't save you.

I am seriously thinking about going to Vegas to see the Buick nats in October though.
I wasn't aware of the changes....? One would think that an event like that would only be getting more popular, thereby bringing in more money for safety and the like.

There will be a good crowd this year in Vegas....

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02 2005, 07:07:40 PM »
When I first started racing there they had to cut off the entrants at 230 people with a waiting list. Now they can barely pull in 100 racers. There has been only one owner of the event and he has got his head up is ass. He got the race sanctioned by Guiness World Records and, I guess, decided that he was above us drivers. Slowly and secretly he started pulling out things, like the chopper, without notifying us racers.

I have had a few friends wreck their cars, which is always a disaster, and then listen on the radio how they can not find them ....

In the mean time, there have a few more Open Road Races added to the season on other roads in Nevada and Texas. There are only about 300 of us in the country that do this kind of racing with limited budgets, so we go where we get treated the best.

I would say that 90% of my racing happens on tracks like Willow Springs and the like. I do the ORR because the people are the best. It is also kinda cool to go 165+ for 90 miles.  :yawinkle:  :D

I just finished building a 2002 Monte Carlo NASCAR (see Train of Consequences in sig) for racing and I would LOVE to take it down hwy 318, but not until they unfuck themselves.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal