Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Buick Tech / Re: Update on future build
« Last post by phil_long on April 10 2024, 10:09:20 AM »
I'll look it over again and verify  :rock:
« Last post by Steve Wood on April 09 2024, 11:31:35 AM »
Make sure it's actually coming from the valve cover and not the back corner of the intake manifold
« Last post by phil_long on April 08 2024, 10:31:29 AM »
I have an oil leak on the rear driver's side valve cover that's driving me crazy. I'm running the good felpros everyone recommended but maybe I didnt torque the bolts properly? Idk. Anywho, my goal is to get the car driving under normal conditions before I get the tranny work done. I don't plan on running it hard anyway the first few oil changes so my rebuilt stock tranny will be ok for now. I have to put the hood back on as well. Once I find an ideal place to mount this remote cooler, I'll see about getting a video of the first drive. I have to so much to do it seems as the new exhaust I bought for it needs to get buttoned up. The list continues
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by Steve Wood on April 07 2024, 08:20:52 PM »
Onward and maybe sideways :icon_fU:
« Last post by nocooler on April 07 2024, 03:57:18 PM »
I had enough hose fittings laying around to replace the main lines and test.
My floor is dry after 24 hours!
 The rest of my fittings will be here Tuesday hopefully I can put this saga behind me.
« Last post by Steve Wood on April 06 2024, 09:07:41 AM »
From a distance, I agree with you.  Fittings are a pain in the neck but a cracked case is a lot bigger pain.

I guess those knock off fittings are a risk.  I think I went with Earls the last time when I was working on the Challenger and some stuff on the Green Mile wagon.
« Last post by nocooler on April 05 2024, 09:47:03 PM »
So I didn't update this thread last summer as I was pissed at the car. It seemed fine after I tested it but I came out to a puddle of atf under the car so I covered it and left it.
I got fed up trying to dig for this leak so I ordered some UV dye - worth every penny. AN fittings are leaking at the swivels. These are the fittings/lines I reused, every fitting they used was Jegs and they all leak. Funny they passed when I checked them with air last summer....
I guess a handful of fittings and line is way better than the case being cracked!
« Last post by Steve Wood on April 03 2024, 10:59:18 AM »
I e been waiting for ever to see it back on the road!  It's gonna run like a beast!
« Last post by phil_long on April 02 2024, 05:07:10 PM »
I refuse to start a new topic! Lol. Hey guys, it's been forever since I've posted and I just wanted to catch you all up on what's going on. The car is in the air now due to the tranny fluid drain and gasket/filter change. Next, new tranny lines to a remote cooler with a fan and thermostat. I have everything to do it, and it should be done by week's end. The car idles amazingly smooth. I can't wait to get the exhaust buttoned up so I can hear it idle through the new stainless steel exhaust. I hope everyone is living the dream and staying healthy as possible. I'll do a better job at keeping you updated on this project.
General Auto Tech / Re: New to me Truck 2005 GMC Sierra
« Last post by daveismissing on March 23 2024, 06:50:59 PM »
The lad is happy- all that  matters. "we" polished ours and used graphite lube and max weight to great success...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal