Author Topic: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12  (Read 63556 times)

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12
« Reply #45 on: September 17 2012, 02:03:02 PM »
Here you go:

You are wrong - the motor failures are YOUR fault.

You are welcome here - but drop the ECM discussion. I don't want other, less technical members thinking there's any credence to your claims.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17 2012, 02:32:04 PM »
Maybe move this to the " Official IHADAV8 joke" thread
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline I Love Factory ECMs

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: -16
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
I read the entire "Steve Wood required Reading last night",Super informative!!!

But getting out of date,a lot company's in it are gone,( i used them before,ATR,Eastern perf.etc,etc)

I replayed an replayed the scan tool log for first build ,looking at the Numbers an meanings,I came up with A possible solution...!!!

Should got online an read that before KDK , but the past's the past,So...in reading it....

KDK also swore the 'Non-Oilcooler what so ever route' ,mmm,,Hello Detonation!!! after drive to the track to Run on hot oil.....

Other thing was O2 count,in the 600's,the write-up says should been in 740 on alky...

My car "was" built a differant Internet way before,was made to Fail, by reading Steve's write-up...

Good thing is, I , by "myself" through my knowledge of Racing ,i Now have a car now fully designed for longitivy less my Lead Foot..Bhahahah .Now Last Thing, Learn the XFI,give me 1 year or less with my car running an being able to hook-up to it with my lap-top,I'll be fully profisant,I've gone through it some,read the different adjustable charts an how they correspond to another charts. ( with my car only of course,8^))

I posted the scan log in ECM bus thread,but i'll post here,If anyone has the same combo an fixed the 3 rd gear fall off, there Car Will Haul Arse!!!! (read the Accle meter an HP numbers, I had to peddle the car due to spin, you see it in the log,Car never recovered after that....Number Matching Motor!!! (larger valve ported "stock" heads,te-48turbo,50inj,3:50 gear,3500rpm 9" art carr 200r4,single Alky kit,22-23psi boost)
Sorry for any greif's  8^(

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17 2012, 02:46:49 PM »
Maybe move this to the " Official IHADAV8 joke" thread

Good point - "Bitch/Whine/Moan" seems more fitting though.
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17 2012, 03:01:38 PM »
They Blowed Up!! They Blowed up REAL GOOD!!!!!!  :rofl:

Sorry but I couldn't stop myself from typing that but since I've "Blowed Up' a few of my own I can make light of it!  :player:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17 2012, 03:21:40 PM »
Why yall being so mean to this dude? :icon_confused:

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
Why yall being so mean to this dude? :icon_confused:

Did you read the entire thread?

no one is being "mean", he just doesn't listen
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I read it. My conclusion to my readings is that he feels that any car quicker than 11 seconds should ditch the stock ECM, and that the stock ECM(plus the shops) are to blame for all of his blown motors. Or, am i wrong? :icon_neutral:

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17 2012, 03:46:11 PM »

lol ..What??? Drag racing is Abuse??? Damn guess i'll have to stick to "Sunday Drives" ....NOT!!

No, drag racing is a legitimate reason not to warranty an engine.

Abuse is when some checkbook hotrodder knows an engine runs lean up top and has a decision to make.... Either find someone that can fix it OR knowingly beat the shit out of it until it blows up. You chose poorly.

After my own research last night,either through the tuning of KDK,or the Extender Chip,Absolutely  no Third Gear enrichment tune was tried or attempted.

Unless it's a registered trademark, there's no such thing as a  "Third Gear enrichment tune".

I think I have a knob on my translator that says "WOT fuel". I wonder what would happen if I turn it to the right a click or two?
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
Oh yeah, I read it. My conclusion to my readings is that he feels that any car quicker than 11 seconds should ditch the stock ECM, and that the stock ECM(plus the shops) are to blame for all of his blown motors. Or, am i wrong? :icon_neutral:

You are correct. He has and continues to ignore advice from some of the most knowledgeable TR gurus in the business.
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17 2012, 04:07:48 PM »

You are correct. He has and continues to ignore advice from some of the most knowledgeable TR gurus in the business.
Oh. It's possible that he's classifying all the "gurus" as the same based on the ones he blame that ruined his car. Lol. Im not at all saying thats right, im just saying that could be HIS logic. Going back under my rock. I can only say that I personally have NOT been steered wrong by the guys on here, as I will continue to learn from you all. :rock:

Offline Guess

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17 2012, 05:26:34 PM »
Do you have a Scanmaster?  If so, can you see it from the driver's seat?

Offline Pyro6

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17 2012, 05:46:16 PM »
As intelligent as you profess. Please use some grammar so I need not guess what you are saying.

AJ___
This is starting to sound like the crap on other sites. It should soon be over though.
« Last Edit: September 17 2012, 05:55:21 PM by Pyro6 »

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17 2012, 05:47:30 PM »
It is his logic. Unfortunately for him, just showing up doesn't guarantee a 1st place trophy like in grade school.

If he buys a new telescope tracking device and it comes with a letter that says there's sand in the mechanism and it shouldn't be actuated until the debris is cleaned out...   It is really Amazon's fault when he ruins it without cleaning out the sand?

He thinks that a stock ECM has someway of knowing how much horsepower an engine makes and then leans it out when too much power is made.  That's flat out not true. (and it disgusts me that he convinced a court of law that a business should lose $30K over it)

WOT fueling is the easiest thing the ECM does. It opens the injectors for "X" amount of milliseconds ever other crank revolution. That's it. That's all the magic.

Lets say you've maxxxed out 30# injectors and you're flowing enough fuel to make 400HP at WOT. (nice even numbers)

If you do nothing else but put 60# injectors in thier place you will now flow exactly twice the fuel and have enough to support 800HP. 

*caveat* yes, idle and cruse will be pig rich, yes the fuel pump might not keep up, yes, engines aren't 100% efficient, etc.....

Keep reading and asking questions Phil. That's the best way to learn. Not to mention when you do a mod or upgrade on your car it makes it more yours. And that's hotrodding.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17 2012, 06:20:07 PM »
I concur

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal