Author Topic: Boost Leak Tester  (Read 4889 times)

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Boost Leak Tester
« Reply #15 on: August 25 2019, 11:13:07 PM »
Because your chip has rendered it non-functional.

Wow, nothing was mention when I got the Full Throttle Commander Chip, other wise I would have remove during the time I installed the chip.
When I finally get the vacuum block gasket I will unplug the electrical connector just to make sure no code is set, and if not then I will remove the EGR and all hose up to the check valve, and use a hose plug at the check valve.
Give me about a week and I will let you know the results. Thanks
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 26 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
Not sure why you want to remove it, but, remember you have to seal off the opening that it's removal leaves so it cannot leak in the slightest

What Earl told you to do was leave the EGR valve there to seal the hole, but, to remove the egr solenoid that the hoses go to and get it out of the way of things.  Then plug off the hoses or bypass them in the vacuum line plumbing
« Last Edit: August 26 2019, 09:40:26 AM by Steve Wood »
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26 2019, 10:58:14 AM »
Not sure why you want to remove it, but, remember you have to seal off the opening that it's removal leaves so it cannot leak in the slightest

What Earl told you to do was leave the EGR valve there to seal the hole, but, to remove the egr solenoid that the hoses go to and get it out of the way of things.  Then plug off the hoses or bypass them in the vacuum line plumbing
Thanks Steve, I will leave it in place, just disconnect the electrical connection plug, remove and plug the vacuum hose associated with the EGR. Years ago I had to replaced the original EGR gasket with a copper gasket and no leak.
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal