Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Auto Tech / Re: New to me Truck 2005 GMC Sierra
« Last post by Steve Wood on March 06 2024, 06:23:10 PM »
Need some beads in it to make it stiffer.

they have some darned strong panel adhesive out these days that does a really good job.  You could put some of that around the seams and then a few rivets to hold it nice and flat.  Some undercoat on the bottom side and some insulation on top.
« Last post by nocooler on March 06 2024, 02:41:26 PM »
I'll get some pictures up soon.
Got it all back together and took it for a test drive on Sunday. Runs and drives very nicely. I've got some oxygen sensor codes to look at but, other than that shes good.
I'm patching the driver's floor pan at the moment - it had a sheet of floppy tin screwed down with 3 screws, I can do better. don't know if I'm gonna try to weld it or just rivet it in place. I know it should be welded, but it'll take 10x longer lol.
Factory radio only had the tweeters in the doors hooked up, found out it had all Rockford Fosgate replacement speakers in it. Someone burnt out the front channel on the factory radio so I stuck a head unit it, and going to hook up a backup camera. I've been telling the wife I might just order a sub for it.....but I'm done bleeding money atm.
« Last post by Steve Wood on March 06 2024, 12:59:01 PM »
It's time for an update!
« Last post by nocooler on February 17 2024, 06:29:13 PM »
Forgot - I purchased a radiator with the factory oil cooler and added the lines. Less than $100 for a factory style oil cooler - yes please
« Last post by Steve Wood on February 16 2024, 09:50:45 AM »
I need some rest after reading that!  Gonna run like a new truck!
« Last post by nocooler on February 15 2024, 11:28:18 PM »
So here is everything I'm doing:
Driver's side ball joints - I did the passenger last year for my neighbor, he wussed out and didn't want to do the drivers.
Inner/outer tie rods
Pitman arm/idler arm
Sway bar endlinks/frame bushings
New brake lines/hoses. I went with the nickel/copper lines for the hard lines. The rear line and passenger front hardline were about done.
New fuel lines - broke when I removed them
New power steering pressure line
All new coolant hoses
New Radiator/Transcooler - lines were just replaced so I flushed them generously each way with brake clean, then air. When I fire it, I'll leave the return line off and run a few quarts through the system.
Rebuilt trans with new converter. A shift kit, some hard parts, and some other hydraulic tweaks - should make a nice unit.
Engine wise - valve springs, valve seals, timing chain, and cam thrust plate have been replaced, oil pump inspected and shimmed.
I'm re-sealing the entire engine, minus head gaskets. I was able to get 3 of the 4 broken exhaust bolts out with heat/rounded nut extractors, so I lifted the engine to get access to drill/re-tap the 4th hole. The passenger side exhaust manifold was replaced due to the flange studs breaking off.
new engine, trans mounts
I've got 2 new key fobs I need to program for it, a door handle to install, and a floor pan to patch.
Might hack the exhaust up - but down the road

« Last post by Steve Wood on February 14 2024, 11:17:07 AM »
I tried to put one on backwards  a few years back.  I did not notice that the thread sizes were different from front and rear.  I put it on the way that it seemed to fit best.  Then I realized neither end would screw in.  It fit pretty well with a few bend corrections.

Then it got a few more bend corrections when I pulled it off and and re-bent it to best fit the other way around.  Not one of my better days but it still works.
« Last post by nocooler on February 13 2024, 03:08:05 PM »
Brake lines would be done if some dumbass didn't kink one of the lines.....
Guess I wait until the new one shows up., at least it was only a $40 mistake
« Last post by Forzfed on February 09 2024, 04:32:07 PM »
I'm sure it will look good once your done.  Can't wait to see the finished product! :cheers:
General Buick Tech / Re: Which Size Rear Tires?
« Last post by motorhead on February 09 2024, 03:58:36 PM »
Doing things. Wheels are 17x11.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal